My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

World Down Syndrome Day eLearning Conference

Are you aware there is an awesome Conference for Down syndrome you can attend without leaving home? It is called the 321 eLearning Conference and it kicks off on March 21 in celebration of World Down Syndrome Day.

I am participating. We had a trial run thru tonight. It is going to be awesome.


We had a little bit of trouble with the sound. But with a few tweaks we got it to work! 


Do you see us down there on the bottom? 


We are in the Self Advocate Entrepreneur segment. There are many different workshops you can choose from if you're interested in something else. Here is the schedule.


How do you like my set? I never knew my Sewcial Lounge would become famous and we would be recording from here. 


So here is my vendor contact section. I guess it's pretty cool to have an official bio.  


And there is even a description of my company, Down Right Charming. You can see it better on their website here. You can even ask me a question.


Here is the most important prop on our set. Polly and Kristen Kirton and our friends at Moda, especially Kate Spain. Without any of them, we would not have a set, a quilt shop, or my design company. Thank you!!! 

Here is an UPDATE: 


So we did it. My mom was trying to take a picture of me and wanted me to look at her. But she told me to keep my eyes on the dot under that green arrow on the laptop. I can't do both. Silly mom.


I met a new little friend today. She waved to me. She is just 16 months old. She is so cute!

The sessions today are being recorded so if you missed it and want to see it there is still time. Please click over to the 321eLearning website for more information.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

So good to remember Kirsten.

She would have loved the Learning conference, I think.

What else is there besides Self-Advocate Entrepreneurs?

Love the bio and the description of Down Right Charming.

The Sewcial Lounge as a set...