My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

November News

Yeah! It's November.


That means it is time for my favorite quilt show in Mentor, Ohio.  


We are all set up. Now I am just waiting for some shoppers to come see me.


Here they come!


I am the keeper of the money bag. That means I have to make change sometimes too.


I love this job!


It's time for lunch. The hosts of the show always have Subway. I really like that!


Look at this. The Wildwood Quilt Guild is 25 this year. Just like me!!


Ok, I have to get back to work. I brought my water with me.


OMG! Can you believe it. The landscaping guys outside decided to spray nasty stuff. I can smell it so I had to wrap my face to protect my lungs.


Then it got so bad, I had to move out into the hall. Look who I found. It's Nan. She lives in the house across the street from us in Cutters Creek.


It was time to go. But I had to find Nan because she almost forgot her purse. She said, "Thank you Sarah. You are a big help." I love our neighbors.


Today I had to go to the doctor to get some bloodwork done. I went in and came out all by myself. As soon as I got to the car, I called my dad to tell him I was a big girl today!


Oh no. Guess what? The power went out in our quilt shop. At least we know our emergency lights work.


I can't heat up my lunch, so I am having peanut butter crackers instead.


Oh this is funny. We ordered Scentsy, so we don't have to burn candles in the store to make it smell nice. But guess what? The Scentsy burners need power and we don't have any today.


After a few hours of no power, I was bored, so my mom called my Grandma to see if I could come over. She said, "Sure Sarah." When I got there we were both dressed in purple.


Oh this is such a good story. Meet Harold and Nancy. They are traveling through Ohio from Missouri heading to Niagara Falls and planned their trip to stop at our shop. You can read more about the story here. 


Look at this. Sometimes I take a shower in Grandma's bathroom at Cutters Creek. So I bought a new hair dryer to keep here. It has a lot of power.


I can get my hair dry really quick with this thing.


Finally, our sign is going up at the quilt shop. This is Dan. He was really nice.


Hmm...I got a package at the store.


It is from my friend Kate. But she was just sending it for another friend. Her name is Jane...


and she lives in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. She has been following our story for a long time. She sent me a really cute Kangaroo with a Santa hat and a cute Koala towel. Thank you


My mom and I have to get to work. We have a quilt to make today.


Lol!! First a selfie because look at us. We dressed alike again. Without evening planning it. We do that so much.


This is going to be a cute one, but it is a secret for someone so I can't show you yet. 


My mom was so happy I was here today to meet her friends. This is Marilyn and Jane Cunin.


My mom has a connection to them that goes really far back. You can read more about that here. I was showing them my ipad. I think they were impressed.


It is time for me to go home. My dad came to get me because my mom has a bunch of paperwork to do.


He wanted to learn how to put my scarf on. So my mom was coaching him. She said, "Good job Daddy!" and that's when I thought of something...


...so I ran over to the cash register to get it.


It was a Twix bar for him. We bought it earlier from a little guy who was selling them for his peewee football team. My dad loved it.


Today is special. I have two new friends who are coming to help me sew pillowcases on Fridays.


This is Sister Stone. She is from St. George, Utah.


And this is Sister Ronquillo. She is from the Philippines. They are missionaries with the Mormon Church.


We have a really good time together. We talk and sometimes we listen to my music.


And we are doing community service at the same time.


Look at all these pillowcases we finished today. 


Before we leave today, I have to write some thank you notes.


I am very behind on my writing we have been so busy getting the new store moved.


But it is coming together now. I am all ready to go to my Grandparent's house for this night.


Look at this. It is our first snowfall and it is a big one. Look how pretty their new house looks.


It is Thanksgiving. Our friend Bob invited us for dinner. Can you guess where we are?  


My mom and dad came too.


Haaa...we are at Bob Evans.


Even my little brother Matt came with us.  We had a yummy meal. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Thank you for reading my blog.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow Sarah, that was a long post! You had a very busy November but I'm glad you shared it with us. Happy New Year!