My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter

I have not been to the mall in like forever. Once our quilt shop opened, we are always there. But right now it is closed because we had to move. So my mom asked me if I wanted to go shopping. I said sure.


I forgot that the Easter bunny was going to be there. My mom said I could sit on his lap, but I told her that was for little kids. But I waved to him as we were walking by. Then later when we were on the second floor I found a good place to watch. We sat there for like an hour. There were a lot of kids screaming and kicking the bunny. I bet his legs are bruised.


I am sleeping at my grandparents new house a lot. I love it there. But one day, I was not breathing so well. So my mom came and got me. I left in my pajamas. I was sad to leave.


I was happy when my mom told me I could go back as soon as I was feeling better.


Oh look at this. One of my mom's friends left me a little present at the office, It is the sweetest lamb. It reminds me so much of one I had in the hospital that we had to get rid of because it was dirty. I am really happy to have this.  Thank you Lynda!!


I have not had my haircut for awhile, so we got up early to go. I fell asleep on the way there...


and I fell asleep on the way home. My mom said I must be partying to much at Grandma & Grandpa's house. Funny mom.

A few weeks ago my mom took me to see the room that was going to be my office and sewing room at the new building. The only thing in it was my chair.


I showed her where I wanted my desk to be.


Today she brought me back to show me. It is done. I love it!!


Look at this. My sewing machine is right here too. This is going to work really good.


It even has my old tv with my vhs tapes so I can watch old movies if I want to. But not today, I have somewhere to go.


My dad told me we could color eggs tonight for Easter. So he took me to the store to buy some eggs. 


My mom had a really good idea. She gave me a pair of rubber gloves to wear so my hands do not get dye on them. I don't like that so much.


Then I started. This is new kind of coloring. You put the egg in a plastic bag with a drop of dye...


then you roll it around and around...


and roll it some more


and then when the whole egg is colored you take it out of the bag...


and voila! a colored egg.


I was really having a good time and no mess.


It was so easy and I did it all by myself.


My mom gave me a big hug because she was so proud of me.


But then my hair was in my eye so my dad had to move it for me.


Hello mom. Can you see me? How do you like my eggs?


Look how handsome my little brother is.  He was going to church with my grandparents. You can read more about that here.  I did not go because I am scared at church.


But then it was time for me to go over to my other house and have Easter dinner with my Grandma & Grandpa.


My grandpa helps get things ready for me.  Do you see my eggs? My mom stayed and had dinner with us.


Look, here is me and Grandma with my eggs. She really liked them.


After dinner I was ready to take a nap in my new bed. 


It was time for my mom to leave. I am waving to her. Can you see me?  I better go help grandma come inside. Bye!

Oh wait, I have one more thing to show you. My little brother said he did not want an Easter basket this year. Instead he wanted to go get a tatoo. Look at it...


I am so proud of him. I love you Matt!

3 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

Hi Sarah! That little stuffed lamb is really adorable. I have a stuffed puppy that my dad gave me when I was young and I still sleep with him - and I'm 35! Stuffed animals are cool.

Your haircut is totally cute! I like it a lot. And congratulations on getting your new office and sewing room set up in the new store! It looks fantastic.

Dyeing Easter eggs is fun, but I don't like the smell of vinegar. My parents used a powdered dye once when I was little, and they say I got the blue dye all over me and our kitchen! I don't remember that, so it's funny to hear them tell me the story. Your eggs look really great! I think I will have to try your way next Easter because it's definitely cleaner!

Have a wonderful week! Happy spring!

Cindy said...

Wow Sarah you've been so busy! I love your new Sewcial lounge. (Did I spell it right?)

Your new house with your grandma and grandpa is so pretty. It looks like you're having a lot of fun there.

I wish you could come to church with me and Beth. I think you would like our classroom downstairs. :)

Jill said...

Sarah, I just found your blog while doing a random google search. Your quilts are BEAUTIFUL! I crochet, but quilting is something I have always wanted to try. I work at JoAnn Fabrics, so maybe someday I'll get brave enough buy some fabric and try making a quilt.