My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Visiting the Nativity Display

Every year my mom and and I go see this really awesome nativity display in Kirtland.


It is really cold in Cleveland, so I had to dress really warm. 


I love this little red building.


It has all the nativity sets from other countries inside.


I found one from Nicaragua.  That is where Julie's sister Christy lives with Abel.


Look how cute this is. It is a play room for the little kids. But there weren't any today.


This is Mary next to me. She is holding baby Jesus. He was born in a manger with animals all around.


Here are a bunch of cute kid nativity sets.


I met two new missionaries. Sister Esplin on the left from Salt Lake City.  She volunteers with Best Buddies. On the right is Sister Mertlich from Layton, Utah.  They were very nice. I told them all about my friend Kristen and her brother Ryan who is also on a mission trip. He has been sick though so we asked them to pray for him.


I am doing a pretty good job of breathing outside today even though it is only 19 degrees.


It is really pretty out here with all the lights on the trees.


When I got home I said I wanted to shovel the sidewalk.


Then I decided to throw the snow up in the air. That's when my dad came to help me.


I had to go back inside after just a few minutes because it is really freezing cold and the wind was starting to blow.  Bye. Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

DandG said...

Merry Christmas to you! Glad to see you are feeling better, and strong enough to shovel snow.

Emily said...

I've missed you, Sarah! Glad to see you out and about! Merry Christmas!