My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Born This Way

It is time for the December Share Day.



Julie & TJ and Matt came to watch me.


Here is the program. I am the very last performer so I will sit and watch all my friends first.


Finally it is my turn. Are you ready Miss Bonnie?


I am singing Born This Way by Lady Gaga.


I love to sing.


How do you like my outfit? When my mom found out we were going to be on a stage this year she said, "Sarah I think you need to wear a fancy dress." I said, "Oh mom. No thank you." But then I picked this out and she said it was really cute. So I wore it.


This is me after I took a bow. The crowd loved me.  Thanks for the pictures Dirk Hayhurst!


Ahhh...me and Miss Bonnie. 


Next we go to dinner to celebrate. I got to pick and I chose Applebee's. It is all new in here and they have pictures of sports stars from my old high school.


Jessie met up with us too.  


Applebee's has a new big menu. I ordered chicken fingers and french fries though. My usual meal.

 

We were playing a trivia game. We were hoping to win but we didn't.


Then I started getting really tired so it was time to leave.


I love having everybody with me.  I am a lucky girl.  Now I know you want to see my performance so here it is...taped by my little brother Matt.



8 comments:

Darren said...

Good job Sarah! You have a lot of guts. Most people only sing in the shower and in their cars. Way to belt it out in front of all your fans! Love it!

cathy said...

AMAZING!!
Congrats

xoxo
cathy

Sabrina said...

Excellent Sarah! You've got great talent. I can't sing to save my life, so I save it for when I'm in the car ha ha. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Emily said...

I love seeing you on. a. STAGE! Tell Bonnie all songs must be shared on stage from now on. :) Great outfit, great performance!!

Reach said...

Wonderful!

Jody Lynn said...

This is terrific, great song choice! Where ever did you get that beautiful outfit? It is so complimentary on you.

Heather Kendrick said...

Great Job, Sarah... You are such a beautiful young lady, and I loved your outfit. So pretty!!! :)

Katrina said...

I love your outfit Sarah and you did an amazing job on your song.