My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Rehearsing Again

Now my best friend Stacy is getting married. That's two weddings in one month. She asked me to be a bridesmaid. Tonight we are having a dress rehearsal just like we did when we used to dance at Spotlight.


I do not get to see Stacy as much as I used to. She lives in Cincinnati now where she is a special education teacher.  I am so happy when we are together.


Here I go walking down the aisle.


I am almost there.  Lisa is coming next. 


Here comes Stacy and her dad. I like that I go down first so I will be able to see her walking in her dress.


I am going to be standing here for a long time. I was a little worried about my feet hurting. So Stacy figured out a perfect time for me to go sit down. 


Then when it was over, this guy stopped at the pew I was sitting in and waited for me to get up. Mrs. Broerman asked me to put my hand in his arm. I was not too happy about that because I did not want everybody to think he was my boyfriend.


But Stacy sat down and talked to me about it and told me Greg has a girlfriend. She said everyone will know we are just in the wedding together because he is a very good friend of Adam and I am a very good friend of Stacy. 


So then we tried it again.


Here comes Stacy and her dad. His name is John just like my dad's name is John. Hahaa, look at Stacy's bouquet. It is made from her shower gifts. Now I know why they were saving all the ribbons.


Yea!! we are finally at my favorite part of the night, the rehearsal dinner.  We are at the Matchworks Tavern in Mentor. 


I got to sit right next to Stacy. Her necklace matches my dress. I think that is pretty cool. I do not like to wear necklaces though. They really bother me.


And on the other side of me is Lisa.  She is Stacy's big sister, but she is also like my big sister.  She is a social worker at Akron Children's Hospital. I think she decided to do that because she used to come visit me in the hospital all the time.


Look who came to visit with me, Mr. Broerman. He looks so serious here. But not always...


...sometimes he makes me laugh. He is very funny. He is nice too.


Smile!! Everybody was taking pictures. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.


Look at this food everybody was eating. Not me though. I do not like that fancy stuff.


Oh Stacy knows me so well she ordered chicken fingers and french fries just for me. "Hey no way, Greg you are not getting my french fries."  


Oh my gosh, this is a little scary...


"Hey Lisa, what are you doing up there?"  


All night long people where getting up to give a speech about how they know Stacy and Adam. I was very nervous to do that. But then Kelly, she's Stacy's other sister, said she would go up and help me. I told everyone that Stacy and I did Girl Scouts together, and we danced together and she drove me to music camp one year.  We also went to high school together. 


Here we are, the four bridesmaids. Alex (Stacy's other friend), Kelly, me and Lisa.


Now the bride has joined us. Tomorrow we are all going to be dressed up. Stacy will have on a wedding dress. I can't believe she is getting married.

 

And then we started getting really silly. They were pretending to be Charlie's Angels. I was pretending to be carrying my flowers.


I love these Broerman girls so much. I am really lucky they lived across the street from me since I was a little baby.


And then look who came over to talk to me.


I think he wants to rehearse some more.  "Hey, somebody get doll face a flower," I heard Lisa say. That's what she calls me sometimes.


"Why, thank you puddin' head!"  That's what I call Lisa sometimes.


I think I like this guy. He is pretty funny. I can't wait until tomorrow...

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow Sarah, you have so many friends!! I can't wait to see you in your dress!

corduroygirl said...

What fun Sarah! Hope you post pictures of the wedding! I'm so glad you posted. I was getting worried be because you hadn't posted in a while :)

Angel the Alien said...

You're lucky you have such good friends! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I would have felt weird about having to walk down the aisle with some guy I didn't know well, too. I've been a bridesmaid before, but luckily the person I had to walk with was my uncle, so I didn't feel nervous!

Ilene said...

This is great!