My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Catching Up

It has been like forever since I did a regular blog post.  So here goes...


I think this is the littlest guy yet who has come to see me.


I love babies so much.


This is Holly. She came all the way from New Mexico to see us.  Hi Ammon! I miss you too!!


Well what do you think?  No not my glasses. They are my mom's driving glasses. She almost dropped them in the store.  What store?  JoAnn Fabrics. Can you believe it.


Look who I found. It is Emily from my Girl Scout troup.  We have known each other like forever.


Time to get busy with the wedding invitations.  Julie and her mom came to my Sewcial Lounge so we could put them together.


I am very good at stuffing envelopes.


It is spring and the daffodils are out.


And that means my allergies are coming back.  Look at my right eye. It looks like I have a black eye. I hate allergies.


I still have to work though. Today we are making more pillowcases.


I love to shake it out.


Then I turn it inside out to get ready for the next part.


I put in lots of pins so the fabric does not move when I sew.


Then I hop over to the sewing machine.


My mom is letting me do the whole thing now because I am very careful with my fingers.


Look who came to see me.  My little brother Matt.


The next morning I had to get up really early because or Moda Mark was coming.  He sells us fabric for the shop.  He always brings me things too.


On Sunday, we made a road trip to Columbus.  There was a really, really, really, super long traffic jam. I just took a nap.


While we were in Columbus we went to another quilt shop. It is called Quilt Trends.


Then the next day we went to another quilt shop. It is in Chardon. This is Beth. She owns Cottonpickers.


This is a cute shop. It is very different from ours.


Back to work. Now I am making a quilt.


It will be for sale in my etsy shop very soon. It is called Down Right Charming.


Now I am making a matching pillowcase.  All my quilts will have a matching one.


Now it's time to press it. Do you know I like to dance when I am ironing?


Ta da!! It's all done.


These just came back from the quilter. The first thing I have to do is cut them apart.


It is not so easy because I have to cut through the batting.


I keep going though. Ok I have to get moving to the next project. See ya later.  

6 comments:

Kim said...

Look at you shaking your booty while you iron! Excellent sewing my friend!

Rochelle said...

Look at you go with that sewing machine. Great work. Oh and your dance moves while you iron are awesome!

StarSpry said...

You've been quite busy! Congratulations on your Etsy shop! You make lovely quilts, and I like the matching pillowcase option :) I hope your allergies are getting better!

Sabrina said...

Great blog post, Sarah! Glad you're back. I understand about allergies, because I suffer from them too and hate it just as much as you.

I keep the pillowcase you made for me on my pillow all the time, and every time I see it I think of you and your mom! I just love it so much, and I know you put a lot of heart into it. Thank you again, and I sure hope that someday I can come and meet you and your mom in person. :)

DandG said...

I love seeing your work! We will be in the Cleveland area next month and definitely want to visit your shop!

Amber said...

Thanks so much for sharing! Love all your quilts. Very beautiful,and well done. Love your beautiful smile,and joyful personality.

Love Heather & Miss Amber :-)