My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Bridal Shower

On Sunday we went to a bridal shower.


It was for my soon-to-be sister Julie. She is going to be the bride.  We both wore kiwi green but we did not plan it like that.


My grandma came too.  We really loved the sweet red pepper dip, so we shared.


It is time for the party to get started.  I sat with Julie and her friends and her mom.


Julie's sister could not be here because she lives in another country.  So she created a slide show that we watched. It was really good. It made a lot of people cry happy tears. 


Then all of a sudden her sister appeared on facetime.  So Julie and I are talking to her. Can you see the top of our heads. We have the same hair color.  Hi Christy!!  


Then it was time for Julie's Aunt Barb to read a little story.   


LOL!!! Look at this...TJ is here...it's his head on a stick.  Julie played a game and Tracy pretended she was TJ. It was funny.


Then it was time to give Julie her recipe box. Everyone brought her a favorite recipe. My mom got up and read her card. She told Julie she is already such a good cook, so her recipe was for love. She thought it would be a good idea for Julie and TJ to kiss each other in the kitchen every morning.  It was a sweet moment.   


Then it was time to open presents. Julie is being so cute. She is putting the ribbon on her head like a veil.


I was having trouble seeing so everyone moved so I could be closer.


When it was time to open my present, I wanted to carry it in. 


All of a sudden I looked up and guess who was here?  My brother TJ!! He is going to be the groom. I had to get up to give him a hug.


Then we started talking about things. I am very proud of him. 


Oh speaking of talking...the two grandmothers were doing a lot of talking too. 


Then my grandma won the bingo game. She loves to win.


This is me and Tracy.  She is a bridesmaid too.  She and her mom planned this party. They did a really good job. 


Oh here are the love birds. They are so cute. They have been dating for a really long time.


Here I am with Julie again. I really love her so much.


It's grandma and TJ.  She is excited for the wedding.  She can't believe her grandson is getting married.


We are at Swirl in Solon. It was a really nice place to have a shower.   The end.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Fabulous party!

Tiffany said...

Thank you for sharing this, Sarah. It made me cry happy tears! I hope Gabe and Matthew find women as sweet and genuine and welcoming as Julie some day!

Nan said...

I cried too! Happy tears! I love the recipe card in the recipe box.

Cindy said...

What a great shower! Presents and games and friends... looks like you had fun! And, Julie looks like she's going to be a great sister-in-law!

Sabrina said...

What a great party! You are blessed to have such a wonderful family, and that Julie gets to be a part of it! Congratulations to her and TJ! :)

Crystal Rhew Staley said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks for saying hi to Baxter on my blog! It's very nice to meet you. I see you are a quilter, I am so jealous. I've been wanting to learn how to quilt for a long time now, but just haven't yet. I do love to cross stitch and embroider though! I look forward to reading more on your blog!

Rochelle said...

Oh what fun! Can't wait for the wedding!

Glady said...

You have a lovely family, Sarah. I enjoyed seeing your pictures of this happy day! Thank you for sharing them.

Leah said...

Looks like so much fun. I love weddings. I can't wait to hear how the wedding goes.