My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Zylo and other Zany Stuff

Hey..It's me, Sarah.  I can't wait to show you what I have been up too.  Life is a blast! Ok let the countdown begin...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...


Look out below...

 
"Ahhh...Mom, this does not look like a ride at Cedar Point."

 
OMG! What is this blue stuff?

 
Well that is sorta cool. It turned purple.

 
Back to work. It is time to make some more pillowcases.

 
I am getting really good at this. I can make six or seven pillowcases in one hour.

 
Little bunnies for Easter. We are prepared early this year.

 
It is my day off. And it is a little warmer and sunny. So I ran back up stairs to get my glasses.

 
And then I started doing my rap moves.
 
 
Now I'm dancing. And the car is shaking. But that is good because I am off to music therapy.

 
Look who is here. My buddy Xylo.

 
"Hi, Xylo. How are you?"     

 
Xylo is a retired greyhound dog. He used to run really fast. My music therapist Bonnie and her husband Dirk rescued him.

 
Sometimes he comes to music therapy and I sing to him.  He is very quiet and calm.  Bye Zylo.
 
 
Wow. Look at me.  This is my friend Diane.  She comes into our shop to pick up quilts to make fancy stitches on them.  She let us come over to her studio. And she is showing me how to use her fancy machine. 

 
It is called a long arm. It is big, and it is powerful.

 
And I love it!! 


When I push down on the handle it goes.

 
This is sorta like driving a car.

 
I am making stitches all over this fabric. I can go in circles or make a flower or a big square.

 
I think I am going to tell my dad I want one of these.
 
 
"MOM!! You're kidding me." I can't believe we are back here again.

 
I think my mom is crazy for this place. I am just going to put my earphones in and tune this out.

 
"Mom, this is not that exciting."
 
 
Hmm...why did we just get the car washed when it is snowing outside?

 
Haaa...my favorite thing to do at the grocery store.

 
Here it goes. It is getting really tight on my arm.

 
Hurry up! My hand is tingly.
 
 
"Sarah, That's perfect," my mom says.

 
"Ahhh mom? It says I have zero pulse."  "That's ok. I think you are going to live."

 
Oh yea...I'm going to live!!  Better shake my booty.

 
"Sarah, Are you going to leave the cart in the middle of the road?"  Oh yea...I'm going to live!!

 
Haaa...I'm doing the Harlem Shake.

 
Is anybody watching me?

 
The encore!! 

 
"Ok mom. I'm done. You can bring the cart now:)"  Laughing...laughing...laughing... 

8 comments:

Kim said...

We LOVE some Harlem Shake around here too! I think we may make a little video.... I love your sunglasses, and your cute, cute purse!! We miss you! Xoxo

Kim said...

Also, I need you to teach me how to make a pillowcase. For real. I have had all of my fabric since CHRISTMAS to make some for the boys and for Katie, and it's all just still sitting in a stack because I get so confused on the roll it up business. Or how about you just come visit us and we can make them together?!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hey Sarah,

really enjoyed seeing you use the long arm with Dianne.

(That explains all the great stitching on the quilts and pillowcases)...

As for the Cedar Rides ... was this the most colourful carwash ever or what?

ZANY!

Cindy said...

Sarah, you are hilarious!! We love you!

Little Cottage on the Pond said...

Love it! Looks like a perfect day :)

Nicki Mann said...

You sure have an exciting life! I wish I could go to music therapy. I love music and I love dogs. :D

ME said...

Sarah,
You dress so cute! I love the outfit you are wearing when you went to music therapy. The pink and green looks sharp together and I like how the scarf and bag tie the colors together!
Best,
Noelle

Neabear said...

Wow! You got to try out a long arm. That is cool. I have never seen one for real. Only in pictures. Our car wash that we go to does all that too, but it also has people getting it really clean and then they dry the car and vacuum it too. Speaking of which, we really need to take the car in to get it washed.

Linnea