My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Stitching Along


I have been really busy lately.

 
A had a few cards to write.
 
 
Can you see what it says?  Dear Dasha and Emily, Welcome home. Love, Sarah
 
 
Now that the card is done, I have something to bag up.

 
I hope they like them.  They just came home to live with their forever family.  This family decided to adopt two girls at the same time.

 
I am really excited about this.

 
It makes me so happy when I have quilts done and ready to send.
 
 
They are all ready to go to the post office...

 
Oh my goodness. This is so cute. I think they like them.
 
 
Look at this.  Go Dasha!! You can do it.

 
She is having so much fun doing somersaults on her new quilt.

 
Oh my goodness! Look at Emily.  She is playing hide and seek with her matching pillowcase.  That is funny.
 
 
Dasha and Emily are so cute.  And quess what?  I might get to meet them one day really soon.  They don't even know it yet.  You can read all about their story here.
 
Now it is time to get busy on some more pillowcases.

 
We already donated all the ones we had finished.

 
 I have to very carefully take out the pins.

 
Do you see this new fabric?  It is the Berenstain Bears. The kids are going to love these.

 
It is time to hang them on the line for display. This part used to be a little scary for me.


But now I can do it.

 
OK, I think that is enough for one day.

 
This is my new friend Patty. She brought some new fabric for me to see. She works for Blank Quilting Co.  I chose these fun bugs.  They are going to make great pillowcases I think.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sarah,
Thank you again SO SO very much for the girls' beautiful quilts and pillowcases! I think they're absolutely gorgeous (I especially love the butterfly fabric on the back!!) - my mom who quilts too - thinks they're gorgeous - and the girls LOVE them. They both sleep with the EVERY night, and Dasha loves to snuggle with hers. These quilts will always be special keepsake for my girls. We can't wait to meet you in a couple of months!!

Jennifer, Brandon, Dasha & Emily

http://jenniferloveslobsters.blogspot.com

Adelaide Dupont said...

Great work, Patty!

Love the buggy pillowcases.

And, yes, Sarah, you are climbing up. Anything for a friend.

Cindy said...

Great job Sarah. Those quilts are so pretty and the girls look like they're having so much fun with them!

Sabrina said...

That Berenstein Bear fabric is totally cute! I loved reading those books when I was little. How cool that they are now immortalized on fabric. :)

Anna Theurer said...

Sarah, those quilts are gorgeous! I am happy to read that two more children made it home to their forever families!

Leah said...

That is so lovely seeing those girls with their quilts. What beautiful gifts!

Little Cottage on the Pond said...

You are so talented!! I love the pillowcases :)