My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Love the Holidays!

It has been a busy week!

It started with my mom surprising me with some gifts that came in the mail.


 
LOL!! Look at this, a Buckeye gnome from my friends Bella, Joy and Shelly in Texas!!


 
And a beautiful book from Zoey and Heather in California.

 
It's the Sunday before Christmas and guess where Matt is going?  Soccer games all day long.  Not me.

 
I met Julie and TJ at my Grandma & Grandpa's house.

 
I was playing with TJ's new iphone. Grandma wanted to know what it was.

 
Time to open my presents.  TJ was really into this today.

 
Look at this...I got my very own Canon camera.  It is blue. Just like I wanted.

 
Then I had another package. It was so big I had to get on the floor.


It's Caroline!! Do you remember when I discovered she was born in 1812 and that is my cell phone number. Cool.
 

Here I am with Grandpa. He is my Santa. He always gets me just what I want.

 
Time for a quick family picture. I am starting to have a little trouble breathing. 

 
Just when we were in front of Walgreens I told me mom I did not feel so good.  She said she would get me home as soon as she could.  But if we had to we could stop in Akron at Lisa's hospital.
 
 
We made it home. We got out all my medications. And then I took a little nap because I had something important to do later. 


Here I am at Stacy's old house.  We are all her bridesmaids and we are helping her stuff the invitations to her wedding.  Good thing we did not have to stop at the hospital because Lisa wasn't even there. She is right here.

 
I am really good at stuffing envelopes. I do it at the office all the time.  Do you see my new camera?

 
When we were done we had a little talking time. Here is the groom and the bride.  The wedding is not until June though.

 
Look out. There is a new paparazzi in town. My mom told me I was not allowed to take pictures of anyone who did not have clothes on. hehe. How did she know I was waiting for Matt to get out of the shower?

 
It's Christmas eve and my mom made mashed potatoes. We were going to go to church but it is starting to snow outside and I am not feeling so good.

 
Now it is really snowing. My mom had to call my little  brother and ask him to come back home. He was going to drive to Canton but she did not think that was such a good idea since he has never been on the freeway in the snow before.
 
 
It's time for bed, but first I had to leave a plate for Santa.  This year it is birthday cake and ice cream with chocolate sauce.  My dad said Santa is getting tired of cookies:)
 
 
It looks like Santa came for Julie and John and Sarah and Matt and Jessica.  Hey how did Santa know our birth order?

 
Jessica came over on Christmas morning.

 
She made me the cutest little gift. It is a snowman with a hat this is really two socks.  So cute!

 
Yes!!! Step Up Revolution was in my stocking. I saw this in the theater with TJ and Julie. I loved it!

 
and Now 44!! I am set for a while. Good thing too because we are suppose to get a really bad blizzard tomorrow.
 
 
There is a lot of snow.  My mom took we over to see my sign at night.  Then we had to stop to get me some medicine because I am still not feeling good.

 
By Sunday I was feeling really bad. I could not get out of bed 

 
That night we got a lot more snow.  My mom and dad spent all morning shoveling the driveway and the street where the ambulance sits. Just in case. But that did not happen and by New Year's Eve...
 
 
I was ready to PARTY!! 

 
Wow that was LOUD!!

 
Dad, what is this?

 
OMG! It's Justin Bieber. He's for the little girls. OK time to count down... 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1...
 
 
  

5 comments:

April Vernon said...

Happy New Year, Sarah! Hope you are feeling better now! We are Buckeye fans, too!

Kim said...

Love that colorful sweater Sarah! It looks fantastic on you. And your New Year's Eve glasses are simply gorgeous. Happy New Year my sweet friend!

Simply, Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better Sarah!
I love your family's stockings too. :)

Cindy said...

Happy New Year Sarah! Looks like you had a great celebration! And look at all that snow! We are hoping to get some snow here too.

Margaret Bender said...

Happy New Year Sarah! I hope you are feeling better. We have lots of snow here too!