My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Month of Birthdays

I have to get busy. I decided to make some muffins for my big brother. 

 
I was going to do it all by myself.  So I got out three bowls and three kinds of muffins.  But then I had to call my mom to help because the milk was new and I can't pour it when it is so heavy.
 
 
"Hey, Dad. What are you doing?"
 
 
I really like to bake.
 
 
"Mom, Please go away." How did she know I was just about ready to eat this bite?
 
 
Haaa. I forgot to tell you why I was making the muffins.  It is my big brothers birthday.
 
 
"MOM!!! Why are all these tables empty at the store?"  
 
 
I am not feeling so well. So I have been staying home for a few days.  I am watching a movie on my iPad.
 
 
Now I am feeling better so I am back at the store.  My friend Catherine came to visit me.
 
 
 
But soon it was time for me to go home. Look at this. I have a new chauffeur!!
 
 
And he plays really good music. Rap. It is my little brother. He got his drivers license back in November. My mom and dad wanted him to get a little bit of practice before he drove me. Now he can.
 
 
Bye.  See ya later.  I always sit in the back seat. I like it best that way. 
 
 
My dad said to me that I have been home so long I need to get some exercise.
 
 
So I started doing leg lifts while I watched TV. LOL!!!
 
 
Oh look at this.  So much better. We are getting ready for a big pillowcase sewing day.  That is why the tables were cleared off.
 
 
OH NO.  Do you see those dark clouds rolling in.  Looks like the snow is just about to start.
 
 
"Hey Grandpa, It's me Sarah.  Happy Birthday."
 
 
I had to call my grandpa. It is his birthday today.  We decided instead of giving him a gift to send some money to Reece's Rainbow to help bring Kami home.  She was living in an orphanage in Russia.  Some bad guys did not want her to come home.  But she did.  Now my Grandpa is following her story.  He thinks she is so cute.
 
 
This was her first car ride in America.  She has a big sister named Ashley.  She has been writing letters to her on her blog about their story.  You should go read them.  Especially the story about when they went to rescue her.  Kami also now has a sister named Laura. I think they are going to be best friends.
 
 
Here I am sitting in the car at the Q in downtown Cleveland. My friend Jori is with me.  She is showing me pictures on her phone.
 
 
Do you wonder where we are? 
 
 
We are very close. In the first row actually.  That is because it is my mom's birthday.  I always bring her here every year.  Maybe this will give you a clue...
 
 
Yep, we are at Disney on Ice.  This year's show is called Rockin' Ever After.
 
 
There's Pluto in purple pants. I know my mom likes that.
 
 
Oh it's Little Mermaid. I love this one.
 
 
And now Brave.  This is a brand new one. My mom thinks Merida is her very own princess because they have matching hair.  My dad thinks so too. Because she is feisty. 
 
 
"Mom. How did that arrow make flames?"  I love the magic of Disney.  The show is over now.  I can't wait for next year.
 

 

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Disney on Ice looks like so much fun Sarah. I am jealous and wish I could go too :) Glad you were able to get your blog working. I love reading about your adventures.

Kristin said...

Oh my - you've been busy. And having lots of fun it looks like!!