My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Week in My Life

November 22 - 30, 2012

I have to go back a week.  I skipped Thanksgiving.  So my brothers were with their girlfriends all day.  My mom got up early and put a pot roast in the crock pot. Nope, no turkey for us.  Then she went back to bed for a nap.  My dad went outside to rake the leaves. I watched the parade.

Then about 4:00 we ate dinner and got dressed. We had a good plan.  My little brother was in Canton with Jessica because her family has relatives there.  So we headed for Canton too. My mom called my grandma and told her we were coming for a little visit.  Then we picked Matt up from the house he was at and... 

 
Surprise!! They did not know Matt was coming.  Oh my goodness.  My grandma looks so good.  She was really sick again and in the hospital. Then she went to a nursing home for a while for some rehab. And now she is home.
 
 
My grandpa always takes such good care of her.

 
I like this picture. Matt and grandpa are tall. Grandma and me are short.

 
Matty wanted to have a picture taken with just the two of us.  He even had my mom take one on his phone. I have the best brothers.  We did not stay too long because the next day we had really big plans.
 
 
Look at this. I have six tickets for the Ohio State vs. Michigan football game.  I am going!!! ( I did go. You can see that story here.)  We had such a good time.  My mom and I stayed in Columbus an extra day because our store is closed on Monday. 
 
 
On the way out of town we stopped at one of my favorite places.  I was so excited to come here.  Do you know where we are?

 
Krispy Kreme!!!  I love these doughnuts and this is the best one because I can watch them being made.

 
Oh wow just look at this. Yum, yum, yum! Did you know that Krispy Kreme was started in Nashville? I said, "Hey, that's where Katie lives," when I found that out. 

 
Oh my gosh. The glaze comes out of a hose and then look at it. The best part is they give you one right off the line for FREE!  No picture though because it was so warm it was running down my moms hand and she dropped the camera.  Yikes!  But it did not break.  Good thing.

 
I get a dozen to go to take home to Matt. He loves them too.

 
The next day I had to go back to the wedding dress store to order my dress for Julie and TJ's wedding.  I narrowed it down to two.  This one and...
 
 
this one. It was a very hard decision. I like them both.  Do you wonder which one I picked?  You will have to wait until June 15, 2013 to see! Sneaky tease, I know:)  
 
 
After that I had to go to Target. Look who was working. My friend Britany!  We match today.  She always wears red when she is working.  

 
Then we went looking for a pattern.  My mom is going to make me a little jacket to wear at the wedding in case it is cold.

 
There are so many to choose from. The fabric will be the same as my dress.  The wedding store is going to order us fabric.
 
 
I think I like this one the best.

 
Haaa see we do shop at Joann's. My mom went to get the car and told me to wait and she would pick me up.  You will never believe what happened next.  My mom pulls up and this lady comes over to her and tells her that if she likes to sew there is a really cute quilt shop down the street.  And then she hands her a card for JEllen's house of fabric.  That is our own store!!  So what does my mom do...She says, "oh thank you so much."  I was laughing so hard.

 
Our last stop was the grocery store. That is a lot of errands in one day.  I can't wait to get home to have a snack.
 
 
Look at what I am doing the next day. I am working with TJ at the office.  I am stuffing envelopes.  OK gotta go. I have a big project I am working on downstairs. 

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Love your dress for the wedding (which ever one you picked will look stunning).

Adelaide Dupont said...

Sarah:

Something about the jacket. Did you choose it from colour, shape, cut or something else? (Jo Ann's is a good wedding wear selection place).

Simplicity Fabrics!

Pot roasts are fantastic, especially with meat, vegies and in a crock pot. (Small potatoes, carrots and such)...

Krispy Kreme has spread round the US and the world. Glad you got to see how the doughnuts are made. There are so many great seasonal flavours. Hope Matt enjoyed the dozen doughnuts. I do like doughnuts at a sporting event...(strawberry jam for preference).

Liked the picture of you and Matt and the grandparents. To Grandma: please stay well.

Hope Brittany stays busy during the season. From Black Friday onwards...

Brothers are good for anything and everything, including stuffing envelopes.

Hope to find out about the big downstairs project. Does it involve an entertainment basement?

Sabrina said...

That's so funny that that lady handed your mother a business card for her very own store! I would have been laughing like crazy if I'd been there. :)

I can't wait to find out which color bridesmaid dress you chose, Sarah. I like the green one myself, it looks really pretty on you. :)

Cindy said...

Sarah, you are so busy! I love the bridesmaids dresses but I have no idea which one you chose! June 2013 is so far away!

It's so funny that the lady handed your mom a card to her own store! (I'm not sure I would have said anything either.)