My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Perfect Ending...

to a Perfect Season!!


Finally, it's time to get up. I've been so excited I can't sleep.


Good morning!! It's game day!!!


It is really cold out today.  Good thing we have been collecting scarlet and gray hats and gloves!


Matt, TJ and Julie are heading over early for the skull session where the band plays.


Haaa...not me and my dad. We are staying right here where it is warm. We are not going to leave until just before half time.


We called for a taxi to come get us and now we are waiting...and waiting...and waiting... 


OH MY! The game is so close.  It is 21-20. Did you read that? The Buckeyes are only up by one point.  This is horrible.  Good thing I got here. They need some good luck.  GO BUCKS!!! 


"Mom, how am I going to eat a hot dog when I can't find my lips?"


Relief!!!  Ohio State 26 - Michigan 21.  I have to get out of the way while everyone comes out. There are like 105,000 people here. 


OMG!!! This is crazy!!! Look at all the people out there on the field.


"Mom, where is TJ?"  "I don't know Sarah. Cell phones do not work in the stadium"


"Sarah, you are never going to believe who I see behind you."


"Yea!! It's TJ and Julie." 


Buckeye fans!! Now if we could only find Matt and Jessica.  They are here somewhere too.


Do you see the band down there.  We are waiting for them to come this way but first all these people have to leave.


And the Michigan band has to leave first.


Oh yea!! Here they come.  "Hey Pete." I never knew someone in the band before.  This is really exciting.


Here he is...Peter...the trumpet player.  And when TJ and Julie get married he is going to be like my brother-in-law because he is Julie's brother. 


A Buckeye family.


TJ is pushing me. I really like that.


Oh look here is Mr. & Mrs. Lafferty too.  They are so proud to have a son in the band. They were excited to see me.


"Are you ready to go mom? We have to go to the party." 


Jessica and Matt are here.


The Lafferty family is here.


The Manahan's are here too!!


"Daddy that was a perfect day. But I am so tired I have to go to bed." 
 

  
P.S. The weekend just got even better.  The Cleveland Browns BEAT the Pittsburgh Steelers today 20 - 14!!!
 
 

3 comments:

Darlene Gerber said...

Sarah I'm so glad you got to see the Buckeyes beat that team from Up North!! It looks like you and 106,000 other fans had fun!! Well except for the those fans of the other team!!

Cindy said...

When I saw the title of this post, I wondered if it was about the game! I'm so glad you had such a great time and I'm glad the Buckeyes won! (Did you ever find your lips?) :)

Pete said...

OK, that's the best sports report I've seen in a long time. Awesome! And if I'm ever passing through Ohio and I'm cold, I know where to find some outstanding, color-coordinated hats, mittens, and quilts! Shine on! Pete and Kate Spain