My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Quilt Market 2012

Our hotel was about nine blocks from the Convention Center.

 
Yesterday we took a shuttle, but today it is very nice outside so my mom said we should walk.  We went through the smoke free park we found.  It is neat. We met a really nice lady who took our picture.

 
Can you see that huge Convention Center behind us?  That is where we are headed.

 
This is exciting. One of the very first people we saw today is Geri Richards.  Her company is called Cool Cat Creations.  She sent me a really nice card when we opened.

 
Haaa this is Michele Merin. She lives right by us in Ohio.  She publishes a guide book.

 
I got to introduce Katrina to Kurt Myer.  He is our salesman for Michael Miller Fabrics. 

 
And speaking of Michael Miller, look how cute this orange type writer is. I would like to type a letter.

 
This is Matt.  He was soooooo nice. He gave me three really cute lights.

 
Here is Achaia from Marie-Madeline Studio. They are a mother and four daughter team and they design patterns  Their booth won an award because it is so cute.  We are going to start carrying these patterns.

 
This is Tiffany of Create Kids Couture.  Her partner Shannon is not here right now but they are really nice.  They spotted me in the hallway yesterday.  They create really cute kids patterns too. 

 
OMG! Do you see how cute this ironing board is?  My mom wanted to take it home. I think she wanted to just push me out of here with it still on my lap.  But then I put it back on the table.  She is going to order one when she gets back home.
 
 
This is Emily Herrick of Crazy Old Ladies.  That is what she calls her pattern company.

 
Here is me and my mom in the Michael Miller booth.  Do you see those hula hoops hanging from the ceiling?  We are getting all of that fabric because I love it!!
 
 
Look how cute this quilt is.  It is called Poppy Love by the Swirly Girls for Michael Miller Fabrics.  And guess what?  We are going to make it for our shop and Katrina is going to teach a class.
 
 
We get to do a drawing. Katrina said I should do it because I am the lucky one.

 
Ready...I won a free charm pack!!!  yea!!!

 
This is Christine.  She is one of the Swirly Girls.
 
 
I'm back at the Moda booth. I love the paint cans and stir sticks all around.

 
And look who is still here. It is Moda Mark again! It's time to go back to the hotel.
 

LOL!  Look at us. In the elevator again.

 
"Sarah, is that you out here? What are you doing?"  "Trying out my light."  "It is two in the morning you crazy girl. You better get to bed. We have to leave tomorrow."

 
"I know mom. I'm just getting a snack." 

1 comment:

EN said...

OMG! My neighbor was at the quilt market and she works in the Michael Miller booth! I think she's in the picture right behind mom!!! I'm going to send her the link to your blog - what a SMALL world! :-)