My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Hello Houston

My plane has landed in Texas!

 
...and we are greeted by a cow...in an astronaut costume. LOL!!!

 
I am riding in a yellow taxi. I do not do that very often.

 
I see Houston!!

 
We have a really big room at the Residence Inn. I even have my own TV.
 
 
We are out exploring. Look at this train. It is very sleek.
 
 
Katrina is with us. Oh that's something I should tell you.  We are in Houston for Quilt Market 2012. 

 
This is Crystal of Frivolous Necessity.  She makes a lot of quilts for our store. She came to visit us because she lives near Houston.  This is her little boy. OH my is he CUTE!

 
We have discovered there are a lot of smokers down here.  So this is how I wear my scarf when we are out walking.  But then we just found this park.
 

All of a sudden it got really cold. So we went to Macy's. It is right across the street from our hotel.  This is Hannah. She was so nice.  She helped me find a good outfit to sleep in:)
 
 
And then I found a nice fur lined vest too. Haaa, I matched the fire hydrant. I've never seen blue ones before.

 
We stopped at the desk to get extra blankets.

 
LOL my mom took our picture in the elevator mirror. Look what else I found...a snack!!

 
You will never believe this...This is Kelly. She used to live right across the street from me. Now she lives in Houston, so she came to see me. I had to put my Ohio State bear in this picture because Kelly went to Penn State and we are playing each other in football on Saturday.

 
Kelly stopped and got us pizza and salad and we ate in our hotel room.  She works for Marriott too, but at a different hotel than this one.

 
I was showing her my new iPad that my Grandma & Grandpa got for me for my birthday.

 
Then we were taking funny pictures of us.
 
 
It was just about time for her to leave, but first I had to show her my iPod songs.  Thanks for coming to see me Kelly!

 
OMG!! Look at me in my new warm pajamas. My mom said I look like the Peptobismal snowman!


I'm nice and warm. Time for bed. Goodnight!

 
Good morning!! Look who is here.  It is my little blogging friend Arabella!

 
She is so cute! We love each other all ready.

 
Look at us.  We both have trach scars. Little Bella just had her canula removed. My mom calls us warriors.  Just a month ago Bella was breathing with a ventilator and now she is breathing on her own. 

 
She kept looking at me and I was thinking we should take her home with us.

 
She is so much fun. She made me laugh.

 
Bella has a big sister. Her name is Joy.  We all have Down syndrome.


This is Joy with Joyce. Their names almost match!

 
This is their newest little brother Alex. He is so cute too.  It was time for the Turpins to leave. They were so nice they brought us a Texmex lunch. It was very good.
 
Now we are off to...
 
 
Wowzers this place is HUGE!!!
 
 
Oh my how stinkin' cute is this. I know my mom is trying to figure out how we can take this camper home with us.
 

 
Here is Me and My Sister. No not my sister. Her sister.  You know Barb and Mary. They are sisters and they design things together. And they are so funny!! My very first quilt was made with their fabric.

 
This is Jill Finley of Jillily Studio. She is a good friend of mine too. She and my mom talk alot about her son and me. 
 
 
This is Patty Young of Mod Kid Boutique. She is a designer for Michael Miller Fabrics.  She is really nice and she is short. Me too.

 
I could not leave without seeing Moda Mark. He is my budy from Ohio!! He works for Moda. 
 
 
And here is my very good friend Kate Spain.  She asked me if we could sit together at dinner...
 
 
So we did.  That was so nice of her.  Do you notice I changed my shirt?  That is because we are at a Yee Haw Country Western party...

 

   
Did you see me put my headphones in my ear. That was to block out some of the sound. It was too loud for me.

 
Look at this dessert. Chocolate cake is my favorite. I ate it.  And then you will not believe what I did next...

 
Oh yes I did. I rode a bull!!!!!!!

 
Oh no...he is starting to go a little crazy...

 
Help!!!

 
Oh this is sorta fun...until I fell off...
 



guess it's time for some dancing...


 
Wow that wore me out.  Guess I better sit down.  It looks like this lady is coming my way...

 
It's a Reba McEntire. "Hello, nice to meet you too. My name is Sarah," that's what I said. 
 
OMG!!! I hear my favorite song...
 

 
 
 
I love line dancing.  How do you like my new jeans?  They are from Downs Designs. I Love them. They are perfect with my new cowgirl boots!! 
 
 
I LOVE this picture!!! Sweet Home Alabama!!!
 
 
I am meeting so many new people.  This is Susan Fuquay. She is the publisher of American Quilt Retailer.  Katrina thinks I am a celebrity. No not really, I'm just Sarah.

 
This is my new friend Heather. She is really sweet.
 
OK Last Call.  That means the party is over.  Well almost...
 

 
See ya'll tomorrow!!

9 comments:

The VW's said...

Looks like a very fun trip! I loved seeing all your videos! You are a great dancer, Sarah! Thanks for sharing all your fun! Hugs!

Nan said...

I love the cowboy picture (you in your jeans with your cowboy boots and your hands in your pockets). What a great week! A busy week! Anybody would need oxygen (grin!) and so great that all those little ones got to meet you too. I LOVE this blog!

Allison said...

What a fun trip you had! My cousin lives in Houston and when I was there in February, I rode a bull like you did....you did much better than I did!!

Kim said...

Look at you fashionista in your boots and adorable shirt. You look fantastic! I'm very envious of your trip. It looks like you had a fantastic. time. And I love your vest! I wear a vest all the time. I miss you and your sweet mama. Your buddy Jack was asking me today when we could come back to see you and go to the zoo. I told him soon, I hope! Xoxoxo

Cindy said...

Wow Sarah you are a party animal!! You and your mom always have so much fun!

Shelly Turpin said...

We enjoyed the visit too! :)

Crystal Stanworth said...

YEE HAW! You definitely absorbed the Texas flavors while you were down here! I LOVED meeting you and your mom. I love y'all even more... if it's possible. :)

Jill Finley said...

Sarah, you are such a doll. I love your blog, and wow, you ARE famous!
I'm so glad you came to see me, too. I can't believe you rode that bull! wow!

Robbie said...

Hi Sarah, how fun it was to see your picture on Jillily's blog! I was scrolling down, and there you were! What a fun time you must have had! I wish I could go to Houston!

http://jillilystudio.blogspot.com/2012/11/step-back-she-has-fan.html

Best wishes, Robbie
Piper's nana - AimeesBowlofCherries