My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, November 19, 2012

A Week in My Life

 November 6 - 15, 2012

This news is HUGE!!

 
I got to vote for the President of the United States of America!  First I had to show my State I.D. card and sign my name next to my name that was already in the book.  I was confused by that, but my mom told me they needed to make sure it was me voting.  So I signed it.  The lady said it matched, so she gave me a big long sheet of paper. 

 
There were so many people voting they told me I could go over to this table so I did not have to wait for a voting booth.  So I did. My mom read the questions to me and then she let me vote. I had to color the circles in. I said it was just like taking a test at school.  And speaking of school, here I am voting for our school levy.  I like our schools.


When I was all done, I took my ballot over and put it in the scanner. It is just like when I do the shreading at my dad's office.

 
That was fun. Look, my mom and I dressed in our voting colors.
 
 
LOL!! They used a picture of the state of Ohio like it is a heart:)
 
 
Do you remember when I told you about needing a new phone because Verizon is not going to be supporting Alltel phones anymore?  I was NOT HAPPY. I love my green phone.  Well today, TJ and Julie offered to go with me.

 
Why is the wait so long in a phone store?

 
Finally it is my turn. I have a choice between a pink phone and a blue phone.


I sure hope they can get all my pictures from my old phone to my new one.  The guy is checking.
 
 
OH come on. What is taking so long?

 
Looks like TJ is worried too. He thinks I don't know it.

 
TJ, I know you are making funny faces back there.  We are going to be on the Share Everything plan. I really like that.

 
Ahhh...finally it is all done.  I get to keep my old phone and my new one. Only my new one will work though.

 
My mom wanted to know if I wanted my iPad added to the account. I said, "No thank you." Time to go home.
 
 
Oh. My. Gosh.  Here we are looking at new buildings again. This one does not even have heat, so I have to wear my dad's coat it is so cold in here.  I keep telling them I do not want to move the store or my sewcial lounge.
 
 
Look at this. We spoke at the Rocky River Quilt Guild.  My mom really liked this saying that was painted on the wall..."We Need Not Think Alike to Love Alike." Good one.

 
Look who came to see me. It is Britany. She works at Target so I see her all the time when I go there.  We went to CEVEC together. We gave each other our cell phone numbers.

 
Ahhh...I got a thank you note from one of the families that I picked to send money to.  They are going to adopt a little girl they nicknamed Curlie Girlie.  Her name is really Zofia.  She is so cute.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Congratulations on voting!! I hope you weren't really shredding your ballot, ha ha!! I love reading about your adventures!

Chromosomally Enhanced said...

Yeah for voting! Such our civic duty! Why is the phone store so slow! Because they know we will wait and wait! But I bet you love your new phone just as much! Happy Thanksgiving! Smiles

Heather said...

Congratulations Sarah on voting!! That's quite the accomplishment!! It's always fun to read about your adventures, although the phone store story sounded like you had to wait a long time - must have been a bit boring! Hope you're enjoying your new phone!! :)