My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Week in My Life

10/1 - 10/20, 2012

Ok so today I have to give you like three weeks because I am so behind.


 
This is my future sister, Julie.  She asked me to come with her to try on dresses.

 
We are looking at bridesmaid dresses.

 
This one is ok.

 
This is Tracy. She is going to be a bridesmaid too.  We do not like these dresses so much.

 
I think we like these. Julie is going to be the bride in a different dress but she was trying them on to give her sister some ideas.  Christy lives in Nicaragua so she can't come try them on with us.
 
 
Look at this big fountain. It is at Legacy Village in Lyndhurst.
 
 
Can you tell I have a cold?  My nose hurts.
 

 
OMG!! Look at this number. That is how many hits we had up to that day. I like all the lucky sevens.
 

 
Oh this is so cute.  A grandma and grandpa came in to see us with their granddaughter.

 
I got right down on the floor so I could talk to her.  She is so cute.

 
She has Down syndrome just like me.

 
She is a Grandpa's Girl.  Just like me!

 
"I need a new license please."

 
Signing my name on the form.

 
Time for my picture to be taken.

 
I am signing my name again.  This time on the magic pad.
 
 
And here it is. My new State of Ohio ID card.  I am going to need this to vote next month.

 
Time for music therapy.
 

 
LOL! Look at this. Bonnie took a picture of me writing on my iPad with her iPad.

 
Dinner time! My favorite...Panera!

 
I have to buy my Grandma a birthday card.

 
Me and my little brother Matt. I hardly ever see him because he is playing soccer and football and he has a girlfriend, Jessica.

 
We are at the Mayfield Village Quilt Show.

 
I am looking around with my friend Lila.  She is Stacy's grandmother.

 
We are having a good time.


Looking at all the quilts.

 
OMG!! Those fish are swimming when I put these magical glasses on.


Saying goodbye to all the ladies.  Do you see Jean on the right?  She is 93 years old!! and so much fun!!!

 
It's time for me to go. My dad is picking me up because we go on a date every Friday to the car wash. And then we see a movie.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You ladies are going to look beautiful in your bridesmaid dresses. It's so exciting to prepare for a wedding!

The sweater you are wearing in the pictures with your friend, Lila, looks so great on you!

Cindy said...

There are so many dresses to choose from! I can't wait to see the dresses you all chose.

We love Panera too! There is one close to our house so we like to eat there a lot.

Which movie did you and your dad see? Beth, Diana and I recently saw Brave. It was good.