My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, September 3, 2012

My First Bat Mitzvah

Tonight my mom and I got all dressed up.

 
We had somewhere very special to go.


It was the celebration of my friend Erika's Bat Mitzvah.  She looked so pretty.

 
You might remember this invitation. I was so happy my name was included on the envelope.

 
Look how cute this is.  Her theme is peace, love and happiness.

 
Look, the napkin holder is a bracelet.  I got two.

 
It's time for the party to start.  Mazel Tov!!

 
Here they go.  Singing and dancing.

 
Up goes Erika.  Oh my gosh.  That looked a little scary to me.  My mom told me it is a tradition.
 

 
And now, up goes Mr. Leavitt.  Yikes.  I love the peace signs hanging from the ceiling.
 


Oh look, here is my little buddy Stuart. I call him Stuey.  He is so cute.


 
I sat at Table 10.  We are at Maggiano's.  The food was really good.

 
Oh my gosh.  The cake was pink!!

 
Look how cool this candy tray is.  It is amazing and I don't even like candy:)  That's it.  I had a really good time.  Thank you Erica and family for inviting me.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

That candy and cake looks really awesome! I love peace signs and '60s type things too, and I love those bracelets you got! I'll have to find some just like those around here...

Glad you had a good time!

Kim said...

So fun! You looked fabulous. I showed Katie your picture and she signed friend and kissed the screen. I showed her the candy and she signed eat and licked the screen. Yikes! We miss you!

Cindy said...

That IS a lot of candy! I've never been to a bat mitzvah, thank you for sharing your evening with us!

Allison said...

That looked like a really fun party! I love the theme! Glad you had fun!

Stuart Leavitt said...

Thanks Sara this is Stuart