My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Magical Cousin Love

My best cousin Adam came up to see me this weekend.  He lives in Florida.

 
We have a very special bond.  It is magical.  Can you see it in my eyes?  We went to Vincinato's for dinner.


Adam brought his girlfriend with him.  Her name is Maria.  TJ and Julie came too.

 
It is a very warm night so I am sharing my water with TJ.  Do you wonder what we are watching?

 
This.  We are at Brush High School. That is where I went.  And my little brother too.  He is on the football team.

 
See I get to come down here. Nobody is suppose to be standing here. But they let me because the security guards know me.

 
There's my little brother.  He is number 40. He is the kicker. It looks like he is not too happy with that call.  Brush is loosing. Bummer.

 
 
It is time to go.  Everybody is going to East Coast Custard. Not me though. I do not like ice cream.  So my mom is taking me home.
 
 
Hey, is anybody going to join me at this really huge table? 

 
I just knew Adam would come over.  We are at Claddaugh the Irish Pub.

 
Maria is here too. I did not think I would like sharing him, but I really like Maria a lot.  She is a nurse in Orlando.

 
It is really super noisy in here.  There is a party going on.  So we decided to play games too while we were waiting for our food.


Good morning.  Look who is up. Matt.  Maria and Adam are going to go visit one of Maria's friends today.  She lives in Michigan. That is not too far from Ohio.
 
 
They came back.  I am already in my pajamas but they had to say good night before they went back to the hotel.  That was so sweet.  They are giving me a Sarah sandwich:)

 
Oh my gosh.  Adam, Maria, Julie and TJ and my mom and dad were out on the front porch talking for like forever.  I do not know what they were talking about but they were sitting out there for a long time. It must have been a good talk because they were all hugs and smiles when they came in.
 
 
Speaking of hugs, I got one more before Adam left.

 
Look at this.  The next morning my mom made brunch.  It was good.

 
It was really good.  My little brother was shocked. He did not even know we owned a waffle maker. "Oops...sorry Matt," my mom said.    

 
We decided to take a picture of all the girls.  My mom is hardly ever in the pictures because she is always taking them.

 
Just the cousins this time.  Hey where is Karen?  We miss you Karen.

 
Here is all of us.  The next time we are all going to be together will be at TJ and Julie's wedding. Next June. I can't wait.
 
 
So sad. It is time to say goodbye.  Adam and Maria have to get back to Florida to go to work.

 
Oh but wait. Julie is showing me how I can talk to Adam on our iPads.  We can even see each other.

 
Oh this is going to be really cool.  It's like he never has to leave. I love this.  I'm so glad my grandpa wanted me to have this iPad.  Bye Adam. Bye Maria. Thanks for coming. See ya soon. 

5 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wow.

Hope you and Adam chat lots on the iPad when he and you have time.

What a great cousinly visit.

Hope Brush picked up their performance.

Irish pubs are the best, though I don't mind a little icecream too (berries, sorbets and honeycomb as well as peppermint choc chip).

Sabrina said...

That's great that you got to spend time with Adam and Maria! So happy for you :)

Cindy said...

Very cool iPad Sarah! I'm glad you got to spend time with your cousin. I think my favorite part of this post was the Sarah Sandwich! :)

Kim said...

What a fun visit! You and Katie can talk on FaceTime or Skype sometime if you'd like to - Katie LOVES some talking on the computer!

Claire said...

Hello Sarah,

It looks like you had fun with your cousins. Mine live far away too, in France.
At the moment in the UK long running radio soap opera The Archers is running a story about a couple who are expecting a baby with Down Syndrome. I thought you and your family may be interested in listening to it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr What do you think?