My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, September 28, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me


September 17-24, 2012

 
Here I am again in my favorite chair.  Can you see what I am reading? 

 
It is the American Girl catalog.  This is Caroline. She is new. And guess what?  She stole my number. She was born in 1812 and that is the same as the last four digits of my cell phone number. I wonder if my Grandpa will get this for me for Christmas?

 
My headphone broke.  So my mom dropped me off at Target.

 
I found everything I needed.  Lots of Chapstick for my lips, Goldfish and Chips Ahoy. Oh some money cards for my iPad too. 

 
It's time to order some new fabric.  This one is from my favorite designer Kate Spain.  It is called Honey, Honey.  OMG! That reminds me of Honey Boo Boo.  That show is crazy!!!!!!!!!
 
 
This is my buddy Mark.  He is the salesman from Moda.  This is flannel. We are going to get some.  Haaa it is called Ticklish by Me and My Sister.  No not my sister. Two other sisters. 
 
 
Today we are moving the Christmas fabric. I did not know that when I picked my green hoodie to wear but I match. 

 
My mom asked me to put some things up high. I do not know about this.


"Mom, Noooooo," I said.  I was very afraid.  She told me I could come down.  She was surprised I was scared.  She did not know that about me.  She is afraid of height too.  So she had me sit down and talk about it.  Then she told me I could do it.  

 
So I tried again.

 
And look. I did it!!!!!

 
I was very proud of myself.
 
 
 
The next day I had to get busy making pillowcases for Halloween.

 
We need to make a lot for the kiddos who are sick in the hospital.

 
This is me turning them right side out.
 
 
 
Then it looks like this.
 
 
Then I press it to get all the wrinkles out.

 
Here is another one.  We made nine of them today.
 
 
I am very happy. How do you like my new seat? My mom let me pick out a new car last week. I love it. Now we can go lots of places again. Our old one was not so good. Today we went for a drive in the country.
 
 
And then we ended up here.
 
 
I was not sure where we were.  There was no one here.  My mom told me there used to be people living here with Down syndrome. 

 
I started to walk up to the door. It was all nailed shut.

 
And the ivy was growing over the walls.  But some of the windows were open. It was sorta scary.

 
Then I heard a noise so I ran down the steps...

 
...all the way to the car. I do not want to come back here ever again. 

 
Ahh this is so much better. I am going to ring the doorbell.


I do not think anyone is home.

 
Oh, "Hi Grandma."  She was so surprised to see me.   

 
She told me I looked so nice in my fall outfit. I did not know we were so close to my Grandparents house. 

 
I love being with my Grandpa.

 
It was getting late though.  So we had to go back home to Cleveland. 

5 comments:

Nan said...

So many wonderful full colours ... in the flowers and the material and your jacket! Good for you for mastering that ladder! It can be hard to do something that scares you (i did that a few weeks ago when I went canoe camping in the backwoods and canoed more that 15 miles!I was so scared that I couldn't do it!), but then it feels soooooo good when you do it! ( I survived the camping trip and even had fun! I felt strong!). Hooray Sarah!

Emily said...

I like the grey and yellow haunted house pillow case. Good combination of pattern and stripes too!

I so glad you got back on the ladder. You are so right to be proud of yourself. :)

Love, Emily

Cindy said...

You know what Sarah? Beth is afraid of heights too. REALLY afraid. We had to put her bed on the floor because she wouldn't sleep at night. She told us her bed was too high and she was scared.

What did your mom tell you that helped you climb the step stool? Maybe it would help Beth.

how to climb said...

great blog. keep it up. :-))

evrfwd said...

Thanks for sharing your day with us. It's so awesome to see all the cool things you do. You conquered your fears! That's so wonderful. Have a great day.oxox