My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

You won't believe it, I have so much to tell you.

 
I have been so busy lately that I came down to help in the store and fell asleep in my chair. 

 
Not for long though because one of my new friends came in to see me.

 
You might know that our building might be for sale.  The one with our quilt shop in it.  So we decided we better start looking at other places.  This one is right across the street. 
 
 
It used to be a home theater store.  My mom was looking all around. She liked parts of it. 

 
Then she came over to this wall and started knocking on it.  She asked the guy if there was a fireplace behind this wall.  He said he did not know.  She said she thinks there is because there is a chimney outside and this wall is hollow.  How does she know this stuff?  Oh I know. Grandpa taught her.  So I decided to sit down and think about that. Hmm...
 
 
My dad thought there was a lot of stuff in here.  Then my dad and mom and brother disappeared.  There is a lot more to this building but I decided to stay in the front room.


On the way out, TJ asked me how I liked it.  I told him I don't want to move.

 
Look at this. I am sitting on the sidewalk in front of the store.

 
Matt carried the big white chair out for me.  It's getting a little bit hot out here.  Do you know what we are doing?

 
Haaa...waiting for the parade to start.  No there is not a fire. It is Homedays.

 
Oh my gosh those little cars go so fast. And they stink like gasoline.

 
So this is what I did.  Good thing Matt brought the quilt and pillow with him.

 
I am having a good time.  The weather is perfect!!


Finally it is the Brush marching band.  This is what we have been waiting for.

 
This is Jessica. She is my little brother Matt's girlfriend.  She is an Arcette. 
 

 
After the parade was over, I decided to just sit by my sign.  Everybody was waving to me and saying "Hi."

 
I was so happy that night when my brother got home.  He brought us pizza.

 
I am really mad. Mad. MAD!!!

 
They told me at the Verizon phone store that my old Alltel phone is going to be too old and I am going to have to get a new one. I do not want a new phone. I like my green phone.  I am mad. 

 
It is time for music therapy. I told Bonnie I was mad.  She helped me calm down.  Then we got out my new iPad.  Now we are twins.

 
Bonnie is really smart. She is helping me get it all set up.

 
Then we started downloading some apps.  Bonnie has a website with some good stuff on there.  It is called the Groovy Garfoose.  She is even going to have a apps section.  The GG is one years old.

 
This is very cool. I am really liking this alot.  Bonnie and me are going to do lots of stuff on here.
 
 
After music we went to McDonald's to get some apple juice and chocolate chip cookies.  They were out.  So I said, "That's horseshit." Haaaa from the movie.  You know.  Big Daddy. You have to watch it. Then this truck pulled in. I said, "It's about damn time."  "What did you just say Sarah?" my mom sternly said.  So I repeated what I said.  She just shook her head.  

 
Later that night I went downstairs while my mom was on the computer.  "Mom, I am not getting a new phone. I like my green phone."  She said, "We'll see, Sarah."  I hate when she says that.
 
 
 
On Friday, I had to help get our table set up.  This is a lot of work.
 
 
Ok, everything is all ready.  I like looking out to see the trees.  We are at a community center.

 
For the Willoughby Hills Quilt Guild Show.  Do you see me laughing?  I am happy now.



I am in charge of passing out our cards and giving everybody a pack of post it notes.  Oh do you want to know something really awesome?  Do you see that flier on the table.  This is what it says...

 
Yikes, this is exciting.  She is coming to our store. To be a part of our Kristen's Light project!  That is in memory of my friend Kristen Ann Kirton.  We are making more pillowcases!!!

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

WOW what a week, no wonder you fell asleep in that comfy chair.
I bet they have a newer, cooler green phone!

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

WickedMack said...

That's quite a week, I'd have fallen asleep too with such a comfy place to cuddle up.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Sarah is a beautiful girl. How old is she and what is her height? She looks quite tall. My 12 yr old is 142cm. TIA.