My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, August 3, 2012

A Double Week in the Life of Me...

July 15 - 28, 2012

I've gotten so behind in posting. There is only one way to catch up and that is to do two weeks at once. That's like twin weeks.

We ended last time with the mention of a Christmas in July shop hop.


Here I am stamping passports.  I just had to look down and find the name of our shop.


Then I had to demonstrate how I make pillowcases.  I also tell them about my friend Kriston.


I use the roll it up method.  You can find the pattern here.


My favorite part is turning the sausage right side out. Haaa it is not really a sausage. I just call it that.


Sometimes I had to explain it while I was doing it.


And then I would show them just like this!  My mom took a little video too.




When I would get tired, I would go upstairs and sit at my computer for a while.


Look at this.  One night my mom and me were going to speak to a quilt guild.  We got there really early, so my mom said she had a surprise.  We were right down the street from my music therapists' house. So I went up and knocked on her door.  She was home.  But then we had to go to the church we were speaking at.


We got everything set up and then I got to sit for a while with my quilt. 


While my mom was talking, I walked around to show everyone the first quilt I made.


I think they really liked it.  After my mom was done talking it was time to sell our stuff.


I always watch it and answer questions.


Ahh...look who is home. It is my little brother Matt.  He was with his girlfriend Jessica and her family at Myrtle Beach.


Look what he brought me.  A little jar of shells with my name on it.  That was so sweet.  Thank you Matt. 


Guess what?  Time for a hair cut.  How do you like it.


Oh darn, my mom's car died.  So they had to tow it out of the parking lot. 


That means I get to go home with my dad.  I love his new car. I can hook my iPod up and listen to it on the speakers.  OMG. My mom is filming my singing...


Did you see it? "Talk to the hand," I said.  I am so funny.


You probably already know that I went to a wedding.  But you do not know what I had to eat...haaahaaaahaaaa...chicken fingers!! My favorite.


We had some visitors in the store...Angela, Axel and Asher.  They came all the way from Minnesota. You can read about their adventures here on mom Leah's blog


Asher gave my dad a really big hug.  I was not too happy about that.  I wanted him to get down immediately.  My dad was happy to meet him though.  Asher was recently adopted from an orphange in Serbia.  He is so happy to have a family now. 


It was time to say goodbye.  High fives for everybody.


Then I had to get back to work.  New patterns came in so I had to put labels on them.


Time out for a breathing treatment.  This heat is BAD.  It is 100 again.


That night my mom and dad took me to an apartment.  I was not exactly sure why until I saw it was TJ's.  We had to do something for him because he is in Canada on vacation with Julie and her family. 


My mom wanted to know if I would like an apartment like TJ.  I said, "No thank you. I live in South Euclid. No apartment for me."    


LOL!!! IT is FINALLY Raining!!!  I'm so happy I wanted to walk in it. 



But then I found a spot under the tree.  My hair was so wet and I still had to go...



...to the bank.  It was cold in there.



Had to get my groceries for the week.  Good thing it stopped raining.


Oh look at this.  One night I brought the keys down to my mom and said were leaving.  She asked me where we going.  I said to McDonald's to get chocolate chip cookies.  She said maybe I should get dressed first.  Nope. I am going in my pajamas and my brothers size 11 flip flops.  It is fun.  OK see ya next week. 

1 comment:

Allison said...

Thank you so much for the pillow case instruction sheet!! I've been wanting to make pillow cases for my nieces, and since I'm really new to sewing, I could not understand the silly pattern I bought. Your way looks very simple (yay for easy patterns!!) and makes a really cute pillow case! Thank you for sharing your pillowcase pattern with your readers. I live in Columbus and hope to visit your store someday! Peace, Allison