My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

July 1 - 7, 2012

The big sale is over at the store. So my mom and me are leaving town.

Bye, See ya later Dad.

I will be home in three days.

Oh mom seriously. Do we really have to listen to that lady talk all the way to Columbus?

Hurrah, we have arrived!!

It took us a little longer than usual because we had some detours from fallen trees. It was really bad in Columbus on Friday. They had a land hurricane. Strange. My mom was not sure if we even had power down here, but we do:)  Oh and look...I got her to change the radio station to my favorite.

Our store is closed because we had to get the carpet shampooed.  So we came to a cute shop called Sew to Speak.  This is April with her little girl.

Isn't she so cute!!! April and her mom Anita own the shop.

We were playing with a jelly roll.  Not the kind you eat, the fabric kind.

My mom loves this store. Now I see why. 

It is so hot outside. It is like 102.  I have to take a nap because I just do not feel so good.

And then my mom found me not looking so good.  She said I was gray and pasty. And we should probably think about going back to Cleveland in case I need some oxygen.

I said, "No way."  Not until I see the fireworks.  She said that would be a good plan because it would be at night and it would be a little cooler to drive.

So we packed up to leave.  My mom is sorta silly.  She puts the trash on the hood of the car and drives it to the dumpster.  We watched the fireworks from the Burger King parking lot on 5th Ave.  Then we hoped on the freeway.

Just as we were about to pull into our driveway, I yelled, "MOM!!"  "What," she yelled back.  Don't hit Bambi." 

She didn't even see it. Good thing it started walking away. There was a deer standing in our driveway.  Now it is in the middle of the cul-de-sac.  Crazy thing needs to get out of the street.  Then I crawled out of the car and went to bed.  I slept most of the next day.

About 5:30 I came downstairs and yelled, "I am breathing."  Now what's for dinner.  Dad make something on that grill please.  After we ate our neighbors started going crazy with the fireworks. "NO thank you," I said. And I went back to bed.  The end. 

Oh here is some video of the fireworks in Columbus.  They do a really nice job and they play the music on the radio so I can hear it.


Adelaide Dupont said...

Hey Sarah!

Glad you had a great day with the fireworks.

A very sophisticated car radio system there.

Good to read about the store Sew to Speak.

Kristin said...

Glad you're breathing :)

Cindy said...

I thought that last paragraph said you ate your neighbors!!

Glad you made it home and are breathing again!