My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

June 25 - 30, 2012



"Mom, what is that over there?"


"OMG, it is a dinosaur. I thought we were going to Cedar Point?"


"oh that's better a Lake Erie gull. Haaaahaaahaa."  Man is it windy out here.  But not too hot.  That is good.


First stop is the gift shop to buy a sweatshirt.  This taking a picture in the mirror is not as easy as it looks:) 


That's a little better.  Time to get shopping.


I picked a green hoodie.  You know green is my favorite color.


Time for breakfast.  A donut from the coffee shop. Do you know why I am eating it with a fork?  Because it is super gooey and I do not like sticky fingers so much.



OMG!!! I know why that cow has on sunglasses. It is so bright out here. 


Why yes mom I do like your sunglasses.  What?  You want them back?  Hmmm, maybe I better find my own.


Before...


After.  What do you think?  Haaaaa they are GREEN!!!!



Do you hear that music?  It is my favorite rap song.  Haaaa Cedar Point is playing rap music over the speakers:) That means I can show off my best moves!!


I want to show you something.  Do you see that zit on my chin?  I HATE it. 


OK let's get this party started. Time to get a move on.  Pretty cool there are no lines today.


Come on horse. Go faster!!!


I like these racing horses.  Just a little faster than the slow ones but not too fast.


And then what does every good jockey do when the race is over?  Albuterol time!!


I am thinking about this ride.  Thinking, thinking, watching, thinking. Watching some more. Thinking...


...I'll take the train instead:)


Holy stinking cow. This train smells like smoke.


Did that skeleton just shoot me?


Haaa, that's what our quilt store would have looked like if the fire in the mulch spread to the building. Scary.


"MATT, MATT, Mom there is Matt and Jessica." I spotted them from the train. "Where?", my mom said.  "Right there!!"


I love when my little brother pushes me in my transport chair.  We decided to eat lunch together. 



Matt and Jessica decided to get a caricature drawn.  So I decided I wanted one too.



How is it looking?



This is Michelle. She is an artist. She is so nice.



Haaa, we are waiting by the water ride. I don't want to get wet so I put my other hoodie on backwards.


OMG!! Can you believe Matt and Jessica are on that ride.  Way too scary for me.


I can see their feet. They are in the fourth car from the back.  I can see Matt's big black shoe. Jessica is on the outside. I think she might be screaming. 


Do you know who this is?


We are at Snoopy on Ice. I did not know there was an ice show at Cedar Point.


Haaa, there is Snoopy.  With his umbrella.  But it is not raining in here.


And here is bad boy Snoop.  He has a red bike just like mine.  Only mine has a flat tire right now.


Do you see this. I am in the front row.  And Matt and Jessica are with me.  Matt just got sprayed with ice. It was all over him. Now he is freezing:)  



Hello. Wow it is really bright out here.


"Mom, let's go to another show."  I liked that last one.


This is great. Just like Glee on TV.


OMG. Can you belive it?  That crazy KISS guy is here.  He is scary looking.


Finally, I've been waiting for this all day.


I am going to drive this car.


All by myself. So I had to get some driving lessons first.  This guy was very nice. He was telling me about the gas pedal.  Ok here I go...



When I got off, my mom asked if I wanted to go again.  I said, "No, my knee is killing me."  She smiled. 


On Tuesday, I went to music camp. Do you see me down on the floor in front?  I was suppose to go back the rest of the week but I could not breath because it was too hot. It is 100 out today.  So I had to stay home.  Maybe next year. 

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a fabulous week. Love the pic of you and your mom in the mirror! And the green shades are awesome!

Kim said...

Dear Sarah, I am a big fan of you and your blog. I have a little boy, Charlie, who is 6 1/2 and who also has Down Syndrome. I look toward his future as a grown-up with a lot of excitement, and I love that you and your mom are able to run a business together. I would love to run a business with Charlie some day. I was wondering if you and your mom would consider writing a post or two about your business, how it is helpful for you and her, why you do it, and other things a parent of a younger child might be interested to know about having a business with their child. What do you think?
Kim R. for Charlie's Up To

AZ Chapman said...

Hay Sarah i did not know u like green my favoite color is oragne i have a new blog adress now come cheak out my new blog

tifanni said...

Aaaaw.... Its sad you couldn't go to music camp.... But I understand. I'm having trouble breathing myself right now.

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Oh my gosh Sarah, what a week!!

I LOVE the green glasses and the green sweatshirt and I love that you do not like roller coasters ... me either.

And, did you know that I take 3 inhalers everyday? So I know what it is like to have a hard time breathing after a busy day.

Thanks for sharing your week with us and tell mom she looks beautiful in the pictures you took together.

Suzie said...

Sarah it looks like you had a great day, but I was a little freaked out by the dinosaur! It looked like he was stepping on the cars!

groovygarfoose said...

What a fun day at Cedar Point, Sarah! And we were so happy to have you at Music Camp, even if it was only for one day. Stay cool! =)

Debbie said...

What an exciting week! I have not been to Cedar Point for a very long time. I think you look amazing in a green sports car!! <3