My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

July 8 - 14, 2012

My mom said we had to stop at the store even though it was Sunday. 



"Mom, are you kidding me?" "Nope," she said. We have to move all these empty bolts to the car.



Maybe if I pretend I am asleep she won't make me move them.



That idea did not work so well. So I am moving them to the car.



"That's it mom," I said. No more will fit.  And just where am I suppose to sit?



In the front seat? "No, I hate the front seat," I said. My mom told me to buckle up. 



Oh now I get it. We are bringing our used cardboard to the dumpsters.



I like that. We are recycling.  That is a good thing.  When we were all done, my mom said we had to go get some hooks for the store.



OMG!! We are at Walmart.  My mom does not usually like coming here. But I love the wheelchair carts.  So I got in one.  And then my mom and I started getting all crazy, goofy. It was really empty in here so we started racing down the aisle. My mom pushed really fast and I tried to grab whatever I could.  We were being so silly.  My mom said we were celebrating life today because one of our little blogging friends died yesterday from respiratory issues after his open heart surgery.  Sweet dreams Ryan. 



After I got all my favorite snacks, I saw this pattern in the sewing department. I think this will be a really good thing to make for my chair.



Then I got a hold of the camera.  I wanted to take some pictures of us.  Wow I have a long neck.  You can see one of my scars if you look closer.  That was when they tried to split my cricoid because I had subglotic stenosis. But it did not work, so I ended up with a trach.



We were being so silly.



Really, really silly.  I was having so much fun.  Then we left to go to another store.



When we got into the car it was 101.  That is really super hot and it makes me have trouble breathing.



So my mom said she had another idea.  We went to a different Macy's where the car could be parked in a garage so it would not be so hot.  Still I decided I wanted to ride in my chair.



Look at this.  When we got to the door I could not push the button because it was behind the garbage can.  That is not good.



It was easier for me to reach on the way out.



Look, I found a few things I like. I will show you later.  Then my mom said we had one more place to go. 



We came to the grocery store to buy red and green candy.  We are getting ready for the Christmas in July Shop Hop in our store. It will be fun.  We will play Christmas music.

5 comments:

Neabear said...

Wow! What a busy time for you! I hate the heat too. The heat wears me out. I am surprised that button was blocked by the trash can. Did you and your mom complain to the store about that? I think I would have. I hope you are able to stay cool. I enjoyed your fun pictures!

~Linnea

Emily said...

Stay cool, Sarah!
It's almost your birthday - do you have a wish list yet?

Cindy said...

Christmas music in July?? I would LOVE that! Looks like you and your mom make a pretty good team!

Cammie Heflin said...

Looks like you had a great time!!!

JaybirdNWA said...

Hello Sarah, it is nice to read about how things are going for you. You have a beautiful smile. That is great that you have a mom that loves to have fun with you.