My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

June 3 - 9, 2012

My week started off at the grocery store. I was pretty pumped about our pick up number this week...


Do you know why?


Haaaa, because that is how old I am going to be on my next birthday.  My mom was laughing because I was wearing the cart tag.  I thought it was very clever.


So then I had to make a bank run.  But we are at a different bank than we sometimes go to.


Do you want to know why?  Because the branch closest to our house was robbed last week.  For the third time this month.  And the security guard was in his car.   


On Wednesday at our store, there was a little baby deer in the parking lot next door.  It was so cute.  That was after we had to call 911 for a lady who fell.  Her head was bleeding.  But she was ok. She came back the next day to shop. 


We went to a graduation party for Alex.  I helped my mom make him a card so I got to put it into the card box. It was really hot that day.


Look at me. I am back at the grocery store.  We were planning a little picnic.  I got to shop all by myself.


I never forget the salad bar.  That is my favorite thing in the whole store.


My mom was waiting for me by the door.  "I'm over here mom. I'm ready."

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Sarah, why did you need a pick up number at the grocery store?

Lacey said...

Sarah, you are one busy girl! I think you need a Disneyland vacation!! Hint hint!

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

I love your "Week in the Life of Me" Sarah. In fact, we love you here in California. A lot. You are one incredible young woman. You know that?