My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me...

May 27 - June 2, 2012

I know this looks sad. It is me. Crying.


Stacy, my bff came over.  She told me all about the wedding plans.  When she left my mom showed me some pictures of dresses.  I do not want to wear a long dress.  So I cried.  Until my mom was able to track Stacy down. Then she found out I can wear a short dress as a bridesmaid.  Then I felt better so we took off for David's Bridal...


They were waiting for me.  Look, they even had my name on the door of my dressing room.  I liked that so I started to try dresses on.








Haaa, when I got to this one.  I thought I looked like Big Bird from Sesame Street.  So I started walking like Big Bird. Then I pretended I had a beak like Big Bird.  My mom has no pictures because she was laughing so hard with all the sales ladies.  So then I started singing like Big Bird. I remembered all the songs from when I was little.



Well, that was it for the dresses.  I will send a review to Stacy and then she can decide which one she wants me to wear.  I'm not going to tell you the color because it is a secret.  It is so hot out we have to go home to wait for the sun to go down.  Then we are going downtown.



OMG!can you believe this!!  As soon as my dad turned the corner I saw it.  "Big Bird, I yelled.  My mom thought I was talking about the dress.  Then she saw it too and started laughing again.


We are at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for Guitar Mania.  It happens every couple of years.  People decorate these ten foot guitars and then raise money for United Way. 


We especially came down for this one.  It was quilted by one of the customers at our quilt store. I think Myrya did a really good job.



It is pretty cool to see all the guitars.  The next day they started moving them all around the city.  You can find a map on the Guitar Mania website.


It was nice to have a long weekend, but I had to get back to work.  It is always my job to put price labels on the new charm packs when they come in.



The boys were gone again this weekend.  This time they are in Toledo.  So my mom's friend Catherine came over and we went shopping.  Do you wonder were we are?


TJ Maxx.  I used to think this was my brother TJ's store.  Then I found out it wasn't.  We still come here to shop sometimes.  Then we headed for Target...


Does your Target have two floors?



We have to ride up the escalator to get to my favorite department.


"We made it Catherine. You do not have to be scared anymore."  I had to help her because she does not like the escalator so much.


"How about this one," she said.  Nope. I have that one too.


I did find something though.  So I had to check out.  I could not believe this lady thought those Reece Pieces were mine. I hate candy. So I had to tell her, "Those are not mine."


After I paid, I waited for my mom and Catherine over by the door.


After you ladies.  Guess where we are now.


The Dunkin' store. It was national donut day on June 1st.


We bought donut holes. I like those little things.  It was fun hanging out with Catherine.  She and my mom have known each other for a really long time.


Do you want to know what I bought?  Haaaa Now 42 and Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack.


I can't stop laughing.  My mom and me are having a donut hole rolling contest.  I just got one right into her goal.  I'm the winner!!!!


I'm really into taking pictures of myself with the camera. I hold the camera with my arm stretched all the way out.  This time I told my mom to kiss me and then I took this picture.  It is a little blurry but I like it.

6 comments:

Allison said...

I don't like long dresses on myself either, so I can understand your tears! I'm so glad you get to wear a short dress. They were all really cute! I love your "Big Bird Dress" story! Peace, Allison

Tiffany said...

Sarah, you are a riot!!! I love these posts.

Cindy said...

You're too funny Sarah! I tried to imagine you dancing and singing like Big Bird!

I think Beth would love to hang out with you. I wish we lived closer!

Charlotte said...

Did you know that where I live (the UK) TJ Max is called TK Max?? Its definitely not TJ's here!
Charlotte in Nottingham

Becca said...

The dress look gorgeous for you.Whatever you wear i'm sure she like it. I enjoy the post, it's awesome!
SEO Services Melbourne

Patti said...

oooh, I love that last photo :) melt my heart.