My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

May 20 -26, 2012

My week started at the hair salon.



Hello up there.  Uh mom, "Why are you standing over my head?


Ok sure. Let me put up the bridge. LOL!!!!


Oh. My. Gawd.  I HATE this part.  Oh the price of beauty.


OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ok that is MUCH better.


Just a little trim Marci.  I mean it.


Ok. Getting the bangs cut. I am not so crazy about this. Marci keeps telling me to look up but I never do. 


Before...


...After.  Do you notice anything different?  Besides my haircut.


I'm off to see Mr. Happy and Erica. They are showing me their iPad. I am thinking about getting one.


This is pretty cool.  Stuart is a good teacher. He showed me stuff to do.


Haaaaa.  We had to stop the car so these crazy ducks could walk across the road.  I was quacking at them but they would not move any faster than slow.


It has been a long day, so we stopped to get a wrap.  It is very good.


Then we went to BJs.  I LOVE this chair cart.  My mom told me next time she is going to bring a tiara for me to wear because I think I am a queenie in her carriage when I ride it.


Oh my gosh. We shopped until we dropped:)


The boys are in Columbus again.  So it is just us girls.  We decided to get into our pjs and have a slumber party.


This is so much fun.  We are going to bed early because I have a doctors appointment in the morning.


Sitting in the waiting room.  Waiting.


I did it all by myself!!!  My mom never came in with me for the shot, the blood draw or the peeing in the cup. I did it.  And I told everyone about it. 


We finally got the call that we were going to be on television.  Hey Kristi Capel. I'm waving to you.


OMG.  There I am. Well not really me. That is a picture of me.


I am so excited.


There's my friend Kristen.  I am so happy she is in the story.  I miss Kristen.


And look. My friend Stacy too.


"Nice job," my mom said to me.  High five girlfriend.


Look at this. Our signs are up.  My mom forgot to tell me. When I saw it I said, "Damn, that looks good."  My mom said, "Sarah," in her stern voice.  "What did you just say?" So I said it again, "Damn, that looks good."  She just shook her head.  And then she took my picture.



While my mom was upstairs, I decided to take a picture of myself.  How do you like it?


After work, I had to go pick up my medicine.  It is just more albuterol for my nebulizer. It is a bad spring for my asthma.  That's all for now.  See you next week...

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks like you had a good week!! LOVE the new sign!!! Luke and I are going to come visit you on June 12th so make sure you are at work that day! :)

one_plustwins said...

:) I pay that same price for beauty ;)

Leah S. said...

Love your haircut Sarah! Not sure that Angela would ever let me get her eyebrows done. Maybe we'll have to give that a try. LOL

Cindy said...

Hi Sarah, in the before and after pictures I think you're wearing a different shirt? Pink in one picture and blue in the other.

That's amazing that you get your eyebrows waxed?!? You're brave! And you saw the doctor by yourself! You are one amazing lady!

SK3 said...

Ha -- she's right! Damn, that sign does look good! And so do you, Sarah!!

Bulldogma said...

Sarah - that sign does look good! Great update, and glad Blogger is working again!

RK said...

Sarah, That's a pretty good week, if you ask me. Can I come hang out with you for my vacation?? Ha! Very cool about your story on TV!

Beauty can be painful, that's for sure. And that reminds me, I'm due myself for some painful beauty shop time!! (Joyce, when did the waxing start, and was it Sarah's idea? I feel bad for already thinking about when it would be appropriate to consider working on the unibrow that threatens on Braska's pretty face... )

~ Teresa ~ said...

You look very nice Sarah!

tifanny said...

Im.glad you had a good week.:)I, on the other hand... Really missed reading your blog.

I actually found your blog while I was looking for pics of name tags in google, but I'm so glad I found it. Your story us soooooooo encouraging and you bring a smile to my face every time I visit.

Chromosomally Enhanced said...

love the waxing!! the price of beauty is almost to much!! love it! and the sign is ROCK'n!! Sarah you are a rockstar that makes me and Maddie smile! smiles

Shelly Turpin said...

Joy was worried about you in the waxing picture. But she likes your haircut. :)