My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

May 13-19, 2012

Sunday was Mother's Day.  I was waiting so patiently for my mom to get into the shower.  Once she did, I jumped into action...



I had to get the giant cookie and Panera card I had been hiding all set up in the kitchen.  I was waiting for her when she came down.  She was so surprised.  She loved it!! Then my dad told her about while we were in line to pay for the cookie I spotted the "credit cards" and loudly told him we needed to get her one for Panera so she could buy coffee and a cinnamon roll.  She loves them.



I have not been feeling so good.  I have been having a lot of trouble breathing.  So my little brother drove to the grocery store and bought me my favorite snacks.  That made me feel better.


Finally on Friday, I went back to work.  I was just waiting for something to do.  So my mom asked me to go down to the store and she had some labeling that I needed to do.  That was a good idea because it was a little stressful upstairs. The internet connection went down and my dad and his workers were not able to get their job done.  It had been out for two days. 

While I was labeling, we had lots of customers in the store.  I knew I did not feel good, but I did not know I was going to go into a bad episode.  My mom had to come over to me and help me breath because I had fainted on the counter. My airway was closing up.  I heard her say to one of the customer's that she was going to need to take me home.  But then all of a sudden my dad came downstairs.  He said he got everything working again with the internet and he could take me home to start my extra medicine.  We got home just in time.  After a little bit I was breathing better. 


Then my cell phone rang.  It was my mom.  She told me there was someone in the store that wanted to talk to me...


This is Elise. Isn't she so cute!!!  I think she looks like a mini me:)  We talked on the phone for a long time.  I hope I can meet Elise one day soon.



I was sorta bummed because I was suppose to go to the ice skating show with Matt to watch Jessica (that's his girlfriend) skate.  But that would not have been such a good idea. My mom went and I stayed home with my dad. When she came home she was happy to see me in the big black chair with my laptop.


She wanted to know what I was doing.  So I showed her.  I was watching Hawaii 5-0. That is one of my new favorite shows.  Then I told her I was going to have dinner with TJ the next day.  She told me no, maybe next week.  I said yes. She said she did not think so, that we could talk to TJ next week and maybe then.  So you know what I did?  I called TJ on his cell phone.

"Teej, Mom said NO. She said I can't come to dinner."  Then I heard her come into the room.  She asked me who I was talking to at 11:30 at night.  I told her to be quiet.  "Teej mom said NO, but I am coming."  Then my mom took my phone and said, "TJ. Do you think Sarah is coming to dinner tomorrow?"  Hahahaha. He said, "Yes!!"

So on Saturday, my mom drove me to his apartment.  I told her to get off the elevator on 1.  She pressed 2 and we got off.  We were on the wrong floor.  I knew it.  When we finally got to the right apartment, my mom told TJ that she better start listening to me because I always know what I am talking about and she doesn't!!

Then I went into another bad breathing spell. I was ready though. I had my puffer with me. TJ was really impressed that I knew what to do all by myself.  Julie made dinner. It was really good.  Then we all watched the Indians game and a little bit of Disney.



Much later my mom came to pick me up.  TJ and Julie walked with me out to the car.



They said I could come again soon.  I really love them.  I have to go home and get to bed because in the morning I am getting my hair cut... 

8 comments:

Meredith Hilton said...

oh my goodness - she does look like a mini-you!!

Shawnie said...

Hope you start feeling better! Can't wait to see the new haircut!

Cindy said...

Sarah, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time breathing. That's scary! And you're right, she does look like a mini you!

Rochelle said...

So sorry you have had such a hard breathing week. Hoping you are back to normal and this next week is much better.
That Elise is a doll!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah, Your mom and dad are heroes in my eyes. They take such good care of you and seem to always be in sync working in tandem to keep you alive. You are very lucky to have them as parents. Your brothers and their girlfriends take good care of you too. I hope if my Isabelle ever needs care like you do I am there for her. Take good care, From your friend and admirer, Maria

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Hope you are feeling better sweet Sarah and that Elise ... she looks just like you. Two little cuties.

Kim said...

What a week - and that little Elise looks like she could be your sister! :)

Suzie said...

Sarah I hope you are feeling better! Elise is a cute girl, just like you. Lily loves hanging with her brothers and their girlfriends. Her oldest brother Henry is getting married in November! Lily is so excited to be the flower girl!