My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

May 6 - May 12, 2012

It was a very big day in our quilt shop.  A famous New York Times bestselling author came to visit us.


This is Marie Bostwick. She is so nice.  She writes books about a quilt shop.



She just had a new book come out called Ties That Bind, so she came to our shop to sign her book for our customers.


While she was signing in the front, I was helping customers in the back of the store.


Marie brought me a little goodie bag.  That was so sweet.


Even Katrina came in to help.  She took a vacation day from the hospital. I love her.  She is my friend.


Look at this.  Marie, Stacy's grandma and me.  My mom really likes how now that Lisa and Stacy have moved away, their Grandma comes in to check on me.


Next we took Marie out to Chagrin Falls where the quilt guild was having a community sewing day.


On our way back to the store, we stopped at the Barnes & Noble bookstore.  Marie goes in to sign all the books on the shelf that she wrote.


She introduced me as her friend. I really liked that.  Do you know she has a character in this book named Howard.  He has Down syndrome just like me.  She is spinning a new book off of this character, so she wanted to spend extra time with us to learn more about Down syndrome.


So we went to linner. Haaa, do you know what that is?  It is a combo of lunch and dinner.  We missed lunch and it was 3:30 so it was almost dinner.  My mom and Marie talked alot while I was eating my burger. It was the best, but that is because we are at Michael Symon's B-Spot Burgers.  He is the Iron Chef and his burgers have been voted the best in America three years in a row!! 


Sadly it was time for Marie to leave.  She is on her way to Buffalo. My mom discovered that there is going to be alot in this next book that sounds so much like our story.  I can't wait for it to come out. I really like Marie. I hope I get to meet her again one day.

Do you want to know what I did the rest of the week?  I was in bed with an asthma episode.  My dad even took a day off work to stay home with me.  Today I am feeling much better.  See ya next week.

1 comment:

tifanny said...

Oh im so sorry your asthma flared up.... Mine has been too..... :( at least this allergy season is almost over.....