My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

April 29 - May 5, 2012

I am shoppng. Well, how do I look?


Can you guess where I am?


Look at this. I am getting the princess treatment.  This man is waiting for me with an umbrella. I think I like this Santa Fe. "I'll take it," I tell him.


My dad is so happy.  He can't believe the deal I just made to buy this new car.  His car is so old it is falling apart and it won't even go into drive anymore.


I decided maybe my mom should get a new one too. I think she will like this one. It is the Elantra Touring. She said maybe next month.


This is Chris Donato at Rick Case Hyundai on Villaview Road in Euclid.  He is a nice guy. You should go see him if you want a new car.  


I went home with my mom. We had to go pick Matt up at his girlfriends house.


He wanted to go to the big parking lot and drive a little bit. It is raining and he wants the experience of driving in the rain. I watched him from the back seat and decided it did not look too hard. So I said, "I want to drive." My mom said, "Now?" I said, "Yes."


The first thing I did when I got behind the wheel is adjust the mirror.  Then I moved the seat up close so I could reach the pedal.


I got my feel of things. Not so bad I decided.


And then I pushed the gas pedal all the way to the floor.


This is a picture of my mom...moving REALLY quick. She was a little freaked out I think.  Good thing the car was still in park she said.  Hmm...maybe that was not such a good idea.  My little brother told me he is going to get his license soon and he will drive me wherever I need to go just like TJ used to.  


My dad was waiting for me when we got home.  We went for a walk in the rain. I liked that.


The next day at the store, I decided to take a nap in my new chair.


I stayed there just like this even when customers came in.  They thought I was sleeping but I could still hear the talk. 


The week ended with the perfect day for a soccer game.


It was so warm I decided to wear my Adidas flippers.


Hmm...maybe that was not such a good idea either. It is a little hard to come down the steps in these things.



I had to get down quick though to see my baby brother.  His team won and I was so proud of him because he scored a goal.

6 comments:

Jody said...

I am laughing here because that is how I feel every time I let the kiddos drive...."Pedal to the Medal" is there motto. Thanks for sharing.

Kristin said...

Haha - love that you weren't really asleep and could still hear your customers. My daughter does this all the time, then starts giggling!

Leah said...

I like walking in the rain too. Sounds like a fun week!

Cindy said...

You got to drive the car?! Very cool! (Beth did the same thing with the gas pedal.)

You sure look cozy in that chair.

ABandCsMom said...

I needed to read this tonight! I laughed out loud about you pushing the gas to the floor! Oh My Gosh!! I bet your mom freaked, BIG time! Did you know that when you are pretending to sleep, it's called, playing possum?? Or is it, opossum?? Hmm, not sure!

JRS said...

Sarah, you scared me so bad when you said you pushed the pedal all the way to the floor! Goodness.
phew,
---Jen