My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

April 15 -21, 2012

So my week starts in an elevator...


when the door opens guess who is with me?



...my little brother Matt. He hurt his ankle at soccer practice a few weeks ago, so he has been going to Rehabilitex for some therapy.  I thought it would be nice if I went with him.  They cleared him for play so I think I must have been good luck.


On Wednesday, I had a package waiting for me at the store.



Oh this is so exciting. Look. It is a picture of Katie. Remember when I was counting coins for her adoption fund.  She is almost home.



This is super cool. Kim, that's Katie's mom, sent me my very own set of Matryoshka dolls.


I went right over to my desk and set them up. I also went to their blog to read about what is going on their life right now.


Later in the morning, my mom took me over to the Building Dept. in the city where our store is located.  They told the sign company on Monday that our sign has been denied. Again.



So I took some pictures with me and said, " I want a sign. A real sign.  One with just my name. There are two open spaces on the sign in front of our building. I want a sign."  And so guess what?




I get a sign.  They approved my sign.  So we hurried over to the sign store.



Hannah was so surprised to see us.  Especially when I told her I got the sign approved.  She said she is going to send me to the Building Dept. more often.



Then I got to pick my color out. I picked # 116. It is a deep yellow because that is my color.



On Friday night we went to see the musical Hairspray.  The girl who is playing Amber, the one in the middle with the blond wig, is the granddaughter of one of our customers.



The best part it was at my former High School.  At intermission I saw a lot of people I know.  Like Rachel.



And then more friends spotted me and came over.



It was so fun.  It was like a reunion.


And then I spotted Mrs. Benjamin.  I loved her. She was the teacher that road in the limo with us to Prom.  She is so nice.



We had to get back to our seats though because the second act was about to begin.



The end.  That was a really good show.  The Brush kids did an amazing job.



After the show, I ran into Jodie.  She was one of the dancers in the ensemble.  She used to be in the Brownie Girl Scout troop that I was a helper for.



On Saturday, my mom let me sleep in because I was so tired.  Then she snuck home to get me at lunch time.



It was a good thing, because Mrs. Kent came to the store to see me.  I have not seen her for a long time.  She is like my second mother. She loves me that much. She was my softball coach for so many years.



Her daughters Lizzie and Jessie came too.  They were in that same Brownie troop.  That's sorta funny that I see them all in one week. 



On Saturday, Katrina always works with us. I love Katrina. She is so fun.  She is a nurse during the week.  She helps patients who are getting a bone marrow transplant just like Kristen did.  She picked out some new fabrics to make a quilt.  She is a really good quilter.

Her friend Brittany came to visit today. She is a photographer and she was hiding out down at the Art Museum when TJ proposed to Julie.  She took some amazing pictures. I will show you one day.



Well it is time to go home.  Do you notice anything?  Haaa that is my finger on the cd controller. I have decided I do like sitting in the front seat. I can control the music.  It makes my mom a little crazy because I play it really LOUD!!!

We are off to do some shopping.  We are bachelorettes this weekend because the boys are down in Columbus for soccer. I hope Matt's ankle is ok or I am going to have to take him back to therapy tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

That's fantastic how you got to see all of your old friends in one week, Sarah! I've never seen Hairspray the movie or the play, but it looks awesome. I'll have to watch the movie now. :)

Kim said...

What a week! I'm so glad you enjoyed your package!

Kim
TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com

starrlife said...

Sarah, hairspray is my daughter Kayli's favorite movie right now. She plays the soundtrack and dances to it every chance she gets. It can drive us all a little crazy!
Sounds like you had a great week.

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness you are SO busy!! No wonder you slept in on Saturday!

Beth loves Hairspray! She has the movie and watches it a lot.

I'm glad you got to see so many old friends. Friends are the best!