My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Week In the Life of Me

April 8 - 14, 2012

My week started in the charming little village of Chagrin Falls.


The Chagrin Falls Quilt Guild invited us to speak.  They meet at the library.


I really like to talk to people.


This is Bonnie and Michele.  Bonnie is very tall. I am very short.  I am not looking at the camera because I spotted someone I know.


I recognized her from CEVEC.  That is the job training program I used to be in.  She was so happy to see me.


This picture shows you where I spent the next three days this week.  I hate when the weather changes so quickly. I always end up having trouble breathing.  I was feeling much better by Friday so I went back to work.


It was a good thing because I got to meet Anie and her mom Ruth. Anie is studying to be a music therapist, so I got to tell her all about what I have been doing with Bonnie and the Groovy Garfoose


Have you heard about Bloom? It is a book. Well there is this quilter named Pippa and she hooked up with Kelle Hampton the author of Bloom and they created these quilts. Pippa is donating 15% of her sales to the National Down Syndrome Society. Pretty cool huh!!


Oh my gosh. I have to vacuum to get ready for something that is suppose to be coming to the store.


Shhh...this is how you steal water from the refrigerator in the store to sneak it upstairs.  I hope nobody catches me.


Oh yea.  They are here.  That's a huge truck for one little chair.


Do you remember that pink chair.  Well this is it. Only it is not pink.  It is the perfect color to match the counter in the store. Oh look it's made in the United States. I like that.  It is from Indiana.  That is right next to Ohio.


The best part is I can sit here and say to my mom while she is cutting fabric, "Hey, what's for dinner?"


Oh speaking of fabric...look what came in from Michael Miller.  Fabric with cupcakes and Happy Birthday.  Do you see those buttons?  I sorted those by color to make a display.  Pretty cute little dish we found. It is like an egg carton only ceramic.


It was Friday, so I had to make the run to the bank.  My mom stayed in the car today.  Good thing because this guy came in and stunk like smoke. 


Oh this is a Friday night treat. We went to Sonic for dinner. I had a wrap and tator tots.  How do you like how I keep my seat belt on even though we are parked.   Do you know I always sit in the back seat. I just like it that way.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

So thankful you are feeling better. Hope the weather cooperates so you can keep enjoying life and entertaining us!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Its so inspirational. If you can do that and be that awesome at everything you do, I think we all should give happy a try. It obviously does wonders. :) thanks for your blog Sarah.... Only one problem! write more often please!

Cindy said...

Sarah, you had such a great week. I love the new chair! And Sonic is our favorite place! We have to drive about 45 minutes to get to one, but sometimes we do it anyway.

StarSpry said...

What a great week! I really like your new chair; it's perfect :)