My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Call for Female Models with Ds

A pattern company...well not just any pattern company...Izzy & Ivy...is looking for a model or two for their pattern covers.  They are a fun group of very talented gals.  Here is Sarah at last years Quilt Market with Jana in the Izzy and Ivy booth.


Here is what they are looking for: Diversity is a HUGE priority here at Izzy & Ivy...we strive to represent children of all heritages, nationalities and would really like to represent children with disabilities on our covers also. Do you know a little one that might enjoy being an Izzy diva? We are especially interested in finding a model who represents the Down Syndrome community. Please keep in mind that this little person needs to LOVE having their picture taken. Modeling is hard work, the child needs to be able to make eye contact and can take simple directions, most importantly she needs a winning smile! Let us know if you're a lucky friend of an extra special person!  They prefer a child between the ages of 5-7.  With our kiddos that could fluctuate.


Don't you just love all their cuteness.  If you are interested please send them an email directly at izzynivydesigns@gmail.com along with a photo or two.


And btw...yes we do have these adorable patterns and label sets in our shop.

3 comments:

Me said...

I'm sure Kaia would love to do this but Living in Canada probably won't work.

Bethany said...

I emailed them, thanks Joyce! :)

Regina said...

Oh I wish my daughter could do this! She's only 21 months though and don't think we live close to them. Patterns are SO cute. I'm going to buy a couple.