My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

March 25 - 31, 2012 

I started the week at Fast Signs.


We are just about to have a grand re-opening of my Sewcial Lounge. So we are going to try to get a big sign made for out front.


It has to go through the sign review committee in our city.  I hope they like it.  If not, we will have to redesign it.


That night, we went to speak to a quilt guild.  We always take a display with us to give an idea of what we sell in our store.


I was waiting patiently for the meeting to start.  My mom talked for a little while.  She told them about how I started receiving infant stimulation when I was just five weeks old in the building right down the street.  Then we talk about Kristen.  We tell about our pillowcase connection and how she helped us start our store.  Then we pass around the magazine that printed our story. Kristen's light is always shinning bright.


After the meeting part, we sell whatever we bring with us. I make sure to give everyone a card to let them know where we are located, so they can some visit our shop.


After we have everything packed up, my mom and I go out to dinner.  Can you guess where we picked to eat?


Maybe this will give you a clue. I love playing this game.


We went to Cracker Barrel. After we eat, I get to go out to pay.


On Friday, I had to go upstairs to do the shredding for my dad's office.  Sari is in Israel all week with her group of friends.


I don't mind shredding. I just have to be careful to not get my fingers to close.


Tonight, I have been watching Glee with my little brother and his girlfriend.  They have been sister sitting because my mom and dad went out to dinner.  I bet you are wondering why I have this scarf on my face.  Because a skunk sprayed outside and it smells so bad I can't breath. So I came up with this idea.  Ok see ya next week.

7 comments:

Kristen's mom said...

What a busy week!

Cindy said...

Oh Sarah, I think you and Beth would be such good friends. She loves to do our shredding here at home. And lately she's been wearing a bandana over her mouth just like you are doing in the picture! But she won't tell us why!

Nan said...

I love the patterned tops you are wearing! VERY fashionable!

Rochelle said...

Haha, love the scarf to defend the skunk stink.

The Peterson's said...

Sarah,
I love Cracker Barrel too and I love to play that game...but I've not ever won. LOL
~Amy (Heidi's Mama)

Emily said...

My husband was sprayed by a skunk while bike riding last fall. We had to throw away all his clothes, even his shoes. Thought about replacing the bike too, but the smell finally went away. Yuck!

I LOVE Cracker Barrel. Best pancakes :)

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Vi você em outro blog.Então é repórter agora?FELIZ PÁSCOA!!!