My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Week in the Life of Me

I thought I would start a new segment and show you some of the things I do in the week.

March 11 ~ 17, 2012


I unpacked some fabric. This was sorta weird because it came to us in a big plastic bag instead of a box. 


Next we went looking for a new chair for the store.  I liked this one, but I said, "Mom it is pink. I hate pink."


So next I tried this blue one. I didn't like it as much.  Do you know why we are at Berg's Baby & Teen store? Because me feet touch the floor when I sit in these chairs. And they swivel and rock. I like that. 


Then I tried this one. It was ok. I really liked the pink chair best. But it is Pink. I told the sales lady I hate pink.  Guess what?  She brought me a whole bunch of fabrics I could choose from. 


On Wednesday, Sari and I got to eat our lunch together. We like to do that. 


Today the store is very busy. I have been helping to entertain the little kids.


This is Remy. Her mom made this cute dress out of fabric I picked out for us to buy for the store.


I just knew the day I saw this fabric we had to buy it.  Oh this is Kurt behind me.  He is so nice. He comes to our store with a suitcase full of Michael Miller fabric



Next I took Parker upstairs to watch a video with me.  We watched Air Bud.  He is so cute.  My mom told me I turned Sarah's Sewcial Lounge into Sarah's Sitting Service today. I liked that.


Later in the day, I had some work to do on my computer.  First, I had to catch up on blog reading.


After the store closed my mom had some work to do, so what's a sunny Saturday without a little nap:)


Wow!! Look at this St. Patty's day dinner.  The box from Pizza Hut.  For ten bucks!! Now that's a lot of pizza dough:)


Oh but it is so yummy.  It's girls night tonight.  No boys.  We were going to go out, but my mom decided it was a little safer staying home.  Next we are going to have a Glee season one marathon. I just bought the set with my Target cards.  Ok see ya next week.

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

Enjoy your girls night!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making Down syndrome seem so perfect. It means a lot to us with very young children. We need to be reassured that it is a life worth living. You are a class act Sarah.

Kristin said...

Hey - we had pizza for St Patty's Day dinner too - great minds think alike!

Sue said...

Don't keep us in suspense Sarah - what color did you pick for the chair???

Kim said...

I love that giraffe fabric - great choice!!

Kim
TheSimpsonSix.blogsppot.com

Chromosomally Enhanced said...

your week is so busy! no wonder you needed a nap! I love the pink chair! but the pink may become a little much after awhile! or you all could cover it with some of that great looking fabric! that pizza look yum! maybe thats what we will have for dinner! smiles

Cindy said...

What a fun week! It looks like you did a great job babysitting the kids. So what fabric did you choose for the chair?!

patsy said...

sounds like a fun week...and the pizza looked so yummy! i see that in our future for dinner this week :)