My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Grandma Walks the Red Carpet

My mom told me my Grandma was going to be winning an award. So we were going to drive to Canton to have dinner.


Hey Grandma, Surprise!!!


I think Grandma was pretty happy to see me.  Is this picture blurry to you?  Me too.


I knew there was going to be another surprise.  So I had my Grandma sit right here.


Look who's here. It's TJ, my big brother.


And then came Matt, my little brother.


One more hug.  Julie came too.  That's TJ's girlfriend.


Then Grandma saw another surprise.


Matt's friend Jessica came too.  Oh boy, it looks like she is getting a story about Matt from when he was little.


I had to get up to give Grandpa a hug. I have not seen him for awhile.


Finally it is time to go into the ballroom to eat dinner.  I am sitting next to Grandma because I have to help her up to the stage when it is time.


Say Cheese. Matt and Jessica.


Smile:) TJ and Julie.


We are at table 10.  Hey Matt, eat your own food. OK it is time for a speaker.  Her name is Rachel Simon.  She is talking about her book Beautiful Girl.  It is a little bit scary.

And now, just what we have been waiting for...


Wow, that was fun. Grandma did a really good job with her speech.  Haaa, I even got to say, "Thank you."  Just like at the big award shows on tv.


Even my dad was here, whoa is he blurry though.  My mom is not happy about this camera. I think we will be going shopping soon for a new one. 


Oh this is pretty good. Grandma with her grandchildren.  Is it just me or is my little brother taller than my big brother.  How did that happen?


And now we added the ladyfriends.  Good one Grandma, I like that.  My mom told me that Alex could come. He could be my gentlemen friend. He would like that. Not me though. I don't want a boyfriend. 


Well it is about time to head back to Cleveland. Hugs goodbye for Matt. He came down in another car. It took three cars to get us all here on time.


Here is my Grandma with her award from The Arc of Stark County.  It is really nice.  It is the Betty Ebert Award which is given to those who make a lifelong contribution to the Arc.  We are really proud of Grandma.


Before we left, we got to meet Rachel Simon


She was very nice. We are the same height.


I told her a little about our store.  And that we have a bus stop right in front of it, but I never ride the bus.  Maybe I should try it one day.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Congratulations to your grandma, Sarah! That is really cool.

It's also cool that you got to meet Rachel Simon. I work at a library and someone had been reading Rachel's book - they returned it the other day. It looks like an interesting story, so I might read it myself.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Cindy said...

Wow Sarah, the whole family was there and your Grandma got a very special award. What a great night!

Kristen's mom said...

Congratulations to Grandma!