My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Coins 2 Cash 4 Katie

Do you remember this post?  We have been collecting coins in our store for Katie.  My mom got word that her forever family is about to travel.  That means all their paper work is done and they are going to be meeting Katie really soon.  So we need to count the rest of the money that is in our jar. 


Today is Wednesday. Penney works with us.  She said she would watch the quilt shop while my mom and I ran to the grocery store.


Yikes!! This jar is very heavy.  I hope I don't drop it.  Do you wonder why I am taking this jar to the grocery store? 


Taadaa!!  The big green cash machine:)


This thing works like magic.  It counts all the coins for me. I'm so happy my mom came up with this idea.  I was not having so much fun counting all of our coins.  So how much money do you think we have for Katie?


$41.15.  How does that machine count so fast? That's what I want to know.  So I hope this helps bring Katie home.  Oh I almost forgot...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
drum roll please...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Hahaha sneaky I am.  Yep that's right. Today's jar was just one of many we have been emptying out.  Our grand total to bring Katie home is $541.15.  Do we have the best customers in the whole wide world or what!!!!!  Thanks to all the generous people in our house of fabric who gave their extra change for Katie.  You are the best:)!!!!:):):):)!!!!
  

8 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Absolutely awesome!

~Amy (Heidi's Momma)

Sarah said...

Oh Sarah!! You little stinker holding the secret till the end!! THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!

Kim said...

SARAH!!! This is AMAZING! I cannot believe how generous your customers were. I am crying - thank you so, so much for helping us bring Katie home! I cannot wait for you to meet her.

XOXO
Kim
TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Woo hoo!! Way to go!! I can't wait to see sweet Katie home with her forever family!!! Your mom posted on my facebook last week a picture of your Christmas angels area at the store....and one of the two little girls we are adopting was one of your angels! Emilie :) Thanks for helping out my friend Kim and her family!!

Ruby's Mom said...

That's great you were able to raise so much money for Katie!

Cammie Heflin said...

Fabulous!!!

Rochelle said...

Oh my goodness, you girls are awesome! Katie is one blessed little girl!

StarSpry said...

That's awesome!! You and your customers are wonderful for raising so much money for Katie :)