My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, February 6, 2012

100 Years

Guess where I went this weekend?


I've been up this big escalator before. I love it.  My mom doesn't.  She kinda freaks out so I have to take her hand to help her get on.


The show is just about to begin.  We have new seats.  The first ones had some moms with really stinky perfume sitting in front of us. It made me start wheezing and gagging.  The usher wanted to call the paramedics over.  My mom told them no.  She said that I would rather die than miss what is about to happen...One Hundred Years of Disney...


OMG!! In all the Disney on Ice shows I have been too, I have never seen Donald Duck driving a zamboni.  I was laughing until I screamed for Goofy to get up.


Then I screamed again for Goofy to get out of the way.  That's when my mom decided she better turn the video on.  I would show you but she is too tired to upload it right now.

Do you want to know why?  Because it took us nearly four hours to get home from Columbus today.  We got caught in a huge traffic jam. I-270 and 71 was full of cars with New Jersey and New York license plates. There were lots of news station trucks. There was even a Brooklyn fire truck.  We were so confused.  Then my mom called my dad and he reminded her the Superbowl was in Indianapolis and this would be the way for them to get home.  The New York Giants fans that is.  Hey, I heard they won.  Yea for them!!  I wonder if the Cleveland Browns will ever get into a super bowl? 

Gotta go to bed now.  I will show you my video tomorrow.  Here's a hint. Lots of Genies and Toy Soldiers too.  See ya.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Can't wait to see your video, Sarah! And yes, apparently the Giants won the Super Bowl. I am not a football fan, but I have enough friends who are so I heard all about it... ^_^

Glad you got home safely!

Neabear said...

Disney on Ice is fun! I have been to a show a few times. I agree with you mom about escalators. I don't freak out getting when going up. But going down is another matter. I almost freeze up trying to get on going down. Ahhhhh!

~Linnea

Kristin said...

Good idea to let mom's rest sometimes. Plus, it gives us something to be excited about, looking forward to the next post :)
Glad you didn't the paramedics!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like so much fun!! Can't wait to see your video!!

The Munck Family said...

Oh that looked like fun!!!

Hope your now feeling better, and no more attacks!