My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Look Out Below

We had a sale last week at the quilt shop and we sold a lot of fabric. 


Look at all these empty bolts.  We had a contest over on the store blog to see if people could guess how many were stacked up.


Yesterday we numbered all of them and guess what, we had a winner.  Just as we were about to leave last night my mom asked me how high I could reach.  So I showed her.  And then I heard her scream, "Sarah don't touch it." 


Too late.  They all came tumbling down. Right. On. My. Head.  Ouch!! But it didn't really hurt. We laughed. Then we really laughed.  Until we realized my mom was trapped in the stairwell down below.  And we were the only people left in the building. I had to start digging her out.  Then she fell onto the empty bolts when she was trying to climb out. That's when we started laughing so hard I could hardly catch my breath.


You just never know what my mom and me are going to do next... 

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Too funny!

Rochelle said...

Life is always fun when you guys are around.

Sabrina said...

That's so funny! I would have loved to be there when it actually happened... ^_^

Adelaide Dupont said...

Sarah:

Glad you were able to dig Mum out.

And how the fabrics fell on your head...

Monica (Jakel) Crumley said...

Oh noooooooooooo... too funny!

Kristen said...

Hahahaha, that is a funny story!!

Ruby's Mom said...

Sounds like you had a fun time :)