My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

From the Jar to the Card

I opened a Christmas card today.  It is from a really nice family.


This year they have three boys in the picture.  But next year...


Katie will go from being on the jar to being on the card.  That is exciting!!!  And today they got some really good news.  Their dossier has been delivered in Katie's country.  Which means they will be traveling soon to see her. 

Oh do you see the jar. Remember when I was counting money a few weeks ago.  Well look at the jar already. It is almost full again. And there is more green money too.  Thanks to our wonderful customers.  You can help too by going to their blog and making a donation if you can.  

5 comments:

Kim said...

I hoped you would enjoy getting some mail! The boys will be so excited to see themselves in the picture on your blog. Your customers are being so generous filling that jar up for us. Thank you so much Sarah for helping us bring Katie home. I cannot wait until she's here - we all want to take a trip to meet you once she's home!

Kim at TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com

Shelly Turpin said...

I love the good that you and your Mom do Sarah!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

What a great thing! I know it will be so fun to get a card next year with Katie on it, too! :)

Rachel said...

You are such an inspiration!

Nikki said...

So exciting!!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - blog design to change the world
www.onetinystarfish.blogspot.com - personal blog, special needs month