My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wildwood

Today was the Wildwood Quilt Show in Mentor, Ohio.  I had to get up really early because we had to get the display set up before the show started.


I had a chair right next to our table. I was in charge of the calculator, the money and the bags.  While I was sitting there I saw a lot of people I know.  One time I nudged my mom and said, "Hey look who's here? It's Aimee."  She works in our store sometimes.  Then I saw Stacy's Grandma and Grandpa. 

I had lunch in the private vendor's dining room. That's where all the shop owners get to eat. They had turkey subs for us to eat. I love turkey subs. I stayed in there all by myself because I know so many of the people now. 


Then I went back to our booth. While I was gone they turned the fans on and it was freezing in there. So you know what I did? I whipped a quilt right off the table and wrapped it around my shoulders.  Now I'm a quilt model. LOL!!!  It was a very good day. 

8 comments:

Leah said...

I love the quilt you're wearing! Looks like a fun day overall.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Yay for being a quilt model, Sarah!

Those were three important things to be in charge of: the money, the calculator and the bags.

Awesome lunch with the turkey subs.

Neabear said...

Using the quilt is a great way to warm up! I wish I lived close enough or was visiting in the area to attend your show. It would have been fun!

~Linnea

Sabrina said...

That's an awesome quilt you are modeling there, Sarah! I sure wish I lived closer to Ohio because then I could have come to the Show and seen all of your beautiful quilts! :)

Groves said...

Sarah, we love hearing about your days and adventures. Always enjoy your modeling photos, too.

Also, your haircut is looking great! Do you still like it?

My kids wish they lived next door to you. They would like to visit and give you hugs like other kids do - the ones who live close enough!

Cathy in Missouri

Cindy said...

That's a great idea Sarah! And you make a beautiful model!

Kim said...

Your booth looks fantastic!

Kim at TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com

Allison said...

Sarah,
I live in Columbus, OH so if you do a quilt show down this way sometime, let me know! Looks like a fun time!! Allison P.S. You are a great quilt model!!