My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, November 25, 2011

When Girls Grow Up

Last night my friend Stacy came over.  As soon as I saw her I told her congratulations. I had been practicing that word all week.


Stacy and Adam just got engaged.  I am so happy for them. I like Adam. He plays jarts with me.


Stacy showed me her ring. It is beautiful. And shinny.


And then Stacy said she wanted to ask me something. 


She wants me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding!!! At first I said no. Because that is how I answer just about every question. Then we decided I would watch a few shows like Seventh Heaven and Gilmore Girls that have weddings in them to see what I need to do.  Then she told me her sisters Lisa and Kelly and her friend Alex from down the street would also be bridesmaids. So I said yes.


Is this so exciting?!!! My mom cried.  She was so happy for Stacy and so touched that she asked me to be in her wedding.  Stacy is coming home again for Christmas and we are going to lunch. 

22 comments:

Molly said...

yayyy! You're gonna love it Sarah!

Cammie Heflin said...

I'm crying too! How wonderful Sarah! What a blessing she has been to you as a friend! What lucky girls you are!

Cool Cats and Quilts said...

How exciting!!! My daughter Jessica was a bridesmaid just last month, in her best friend's wedding! She had lots of fun, as I am sure that you will too. I can't wait to see the dress that you will wear. You will have a great time Sarah!
Gerri

Kim said...

Sarah you will like being in a wedding I think! You will get all dressed up and get your hair and makeup done - so much fun! She's lucky to have you as her friend.

stephanie said...

oh Sarah you're going to have a blast!!!! Get a gorgeous dress, get your hair done. And have photos taken!! What a great friend you have!

Sabrina said...

Wow, Sarah! That is going to be so much fun! I've never even been in a wedding - good for you! :) I'm very happy for you - and Stacy too :)

Sarah said...

Yay!! It's gonna be soo much fun! I can't wait to see pictures of you, beautiful girl! Congrats! :)

Michelle Z said...

Oh Sarah, you'll be a beautiful bridesmaid! Be careful you don't outshine the bride ;)

Emily said...

Being a bridesmaid is fun! I'm sure you'll do a great job. Show us the dress soon!

Cindy said...

Wow Sarah! What an honor! Beth was a bridesmaid in her sister Sharaya's wedding. You're going to do great!

Just one word of advise, try to wear comfortable shoes. In the photos of the entire wedding party and families, Beth is barefooted. :)

Lisa said...

Sarah I can't wait to be a bridesmaid with you!!! we are going to have so much fun helping stacy!!!

JRS said...

That's wonderful news! Enjoy the excitement of this joyous event. Joyce, if I were you I would have been bawling too. Awesome!!!
---Jen

Mary said...

Congrats Sarah!

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness, Sarah! That is so exciting!!!

Shelly Turpin said...

so cool! I hope it is so much fun!

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh. You will be great!!! Can't wait to see your bridesmaid dress. So fun!

Amy said...

Sarah, that is great! I had to laugh when you said "no" at first, because my son Ivan always says "no" to any question. Then he thinks about it, and usually changes his mind. I can't wait to see pictures! You will be a beautiful bridesmaid!

G said...

Congratulations Sarah! You will do will do great!

Christy said...

WOW, how exciting, I'm so happy for you and what a wonderful friend you have

Karen said...

Congratulations! What an honor, Sarah! I think you'll have a lot of fun.

Amy @ OurScoop said...

What great news Sarah! You'll make a lovely bridesmaid! What a great friend you have!

Rachel said...

SO fun, being is weddings is wonderful!!