My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lots of Coins for Katie

We have the best customers at the quilt store. Do you remember this post? We decided we wanted to help collect coins to bring Katie home. There was even a post about it on Katie's blog.  She is so cute:)


It has been one month and look at this jar. It is almost over the top.  It had some green money in it too. My mom already put that into a special envelope because one of them was a $50.00 bill. Can you believe it!!!


So we decided it was time to count the coins.


First I dumped them all out on the tray.


Then I started sorting the coins into piles.


Sometimes I picked them up and sometimes I moved them around with my finger.


So far there are a lot of quarters and dimes.  Stay tuned for the counting part...

3 comments:

Kim said...

SARAH! I love this! My boys were SO excited to read this with me this morning before school. We count our money exactly the same way, and they feel like we're famous because you're blogging about us. Thank you so much for collecting Coins for Katie! I cannot wait to read more about it. I think when Katie gets here we'll have to take a road trip to Ohio to meet you!

Kim at TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I LOVE that you are doing this to help sweet Katie Ruth! I'll be looking forward to your next post!! :)

And Kim, make sure you take a stop in WI on your road trip too!! ;)

Cindy said...

Good job Sarah! Looks like a big job, that's a lot of coins!