My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Helping Heidi come Home

We have a lot of fun samples in our quilt shop. People are asking all the time to buy them. So far we haven't sold any.  We have been trying to figure out what to do with them once the fabric collection they are made out of is gone.  Then we had a request come in asking if we had something we could offer for a craft show that would be helping to raise money to bring Heidi home.


Of course we said yes. Look how sweet Heidi is. My mom says that could be me when I was little.


So I got busy gathering up some cute items from around the store. I knew just the perfect things too.


The bibs and burb cloths made out of Kate Spain's Central Park.  They have really cute animals on them. I also picked a stuffed ball and a cuddly block with a rattle inside.  My mom picked some more bibs and a cute quilt made out of Sunkissed by Sweetwater.


I carefully put them all in bags to keep them clean and dry. Then I packed them into a big box.


Next I wrote a little note.  I like writing notes.  There is a little surprise on the back of the card. I'm not going to tell you what it is though because one day I might be sending you a note:)

If you would like to read more about the family who is adopting Heidi click here.  They may also be giving more details about the craft show in the future. 

5 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I feel like I'm having a super star encounter right now. LOL THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for helping us in our efforts to bring home Heidi. Many blessings to you!

~Amy aka Heidi's Momma. :)

Debbie said...

Thank You Sarah!!! <3

Rochelle said...

You guys are fantastic! Thank you for supporting orphans and especially RR families. ♥

Mary said...

That's so wonderful!

Kim at TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com said...

That's so generous of you Sarah. I'm sure they will treasure that note - my favorite part of any donation we've gotten or any package I get is always the note inside!