My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

It Was Sweet for Sure

We had a Sweet Treat Extravaganza in the store to celebrate our first anniversary.  My mom said we were going to share treats with our customers to thank them for supporting us.

Then something else happened.  We started to receive things to help us celebrate.  Like this big box from our friend Kate Spain

It had a really, really nice note.  And it was full of cool stuff.  I recognized many of the designs. They are on some of our fabric.

I really liked everything. Hmm...this is a recipe organizer.  I think I might just have to put all my favorite recipes in here.  I could type them out on the computer.

And we got cupcakes and purple flowers from two of our bestest customers. 


And a box from Moda with a letter from the president. No not that President,  Mark Dunn the president of Moda fabrics.  He's a cool dude.


Ahhh...and my dad came down to give me a hug and a kiss too.


Look how nice this is. It's a candle.  Perfect to put in Kristen's Kitchen. Right next to her frame.  We always like to have a candle glowing to remember Kristen because her Light is always shinning bright.


And look who came to visit us on Saturday. It's Vickie Eapen of Spun Sugar Quilts. She is a designer and has lots of quilts published in magazines and books.  She is super nice too. It sure has been a sweet week. Thank you everyone.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Way to celebrate :)

Sabrina said...

Awesome! There are definitely some really wonderful people in this world, aren't there? :)

GirlWithTheCane said...

Looks like you had a great day!