My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Guess Who Got Married?


Yep, you guessed it.  My dad had a surprise for my mom. He was pretty excited about it. Can you tell?


We were going to go to the beach by Lake Erie where they got married the first time. But it is lightening and thundering outside. So we decided to stay right here.  In the kitchen.  They said all that mushy stuff like in the movies. 


And then he placed the ring on her finger.  It is purple!!!  My mom LOVED it. It is really an anniversary ring.  They have been married for twenty five years today.


This is me and my little brother Matt. We were so full of love tonight too. 


Then we went out to eat. Here I am with my dad at California Pizza Kitchen.  I had pizza:)


Here is mom and Matt.  No TJ tonight.  He is on vacation with Julie and her family in Canada. He'll be sorry he missed CPK.


The wedding cake.  Red Velvet. Is that paint on the plate I want to know?


My dad decided to feed my mom a bite, so I took a picture.


Check this out. My dad is one smooth dude. He had another box with a matching necklace in it. 


Haaa. Matt went to get yogurt and caught them kissing.  Love birds.  The end. 

21 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

Awesome! I loved it all: mushy words, purple ring, and red velvet cake! Thanks for telling us what happened. :)

Nan said...

Happy anniversary!!!! What a wonderful post . . . and ring! and necklace . . . and family!!!! God bless.

WheresMyAngels said...

I love it!!! wonderful! Happy Late Anniversary to your parents!

Amy L said...

What a beautiful love story! Great pictures too:) Jimmy's favorite yogurt is red velvet cake. Sounds like a gross yogurt flavor to me but he LOVES it!

Karen said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful heritage you're setting up for your kids to follow.

kate spain said...

How incredibly sweet and overflowing with love! Happy Anniversary to your Mom and Dad. They're awesome people. And someone has a birthday coming up...eh hem...i wonder what surprises that day will bring?? Are you getting excited, Sarah?? love, kate

Becca said...

Happy anniversary!!! How fun, and what a beautiful, beautiful ring and necklace! Love the pic you took of your parents eating the cake. :-)

Emily said...

Your parents are such lovebirds!

Sabrina said...

That purple ring is beautiful! I think the whole thing is terrific, even the mushy stuff. Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad! :)

Rochelle said...

Happy 25th anniversary~ Beautiful, your family, the surprise, the jewelry and the love! You guys are wonderful!

Kristin said...

Your dad is a smooth dude! Happy Anniversary!

Chromosomally Enhanced said...

WoWsa you got some bling!! congrats looks like a perfect day! smiles

stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! So sweet and Dad has got really good taste!! Just beautiful!

To Love Endlessly said...

aww Happy Anniversary! Sounds like it was a great day.

Looking Up said...

Congrats!

AngieH said...

I loved this post - It made me smile!! Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Sarah, how fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your parents are lucky to have each other. :) Congratulations to them!!!!

eliz said...

Happy Anniversary!! From the Archers in MN :o)

blogzilly said...

Happy Anniversary, in a million ways, to your parents and what a great perspective on the happiness of their union, through your eyes.

Beautiful.

What an amazing family, all.

:)

Tiffany said...

THat is so wonderful. It brought tears to my eyes!!

Mary said...

Happy anniversary to your mom and dad! Congrats on 25 years!