My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Beach Babes wrapped in Crabs

When I arrived at work today, there were crabs on the counter...


I do remember seeing these crabs before at Quilt Market in Salt Lake City.


That was the day I met Emily Herrick.  She designed this fabric collection.


A few minutes later the mailman delivered a big box. It is from Utah. Hey, I've been there.


My mom said I could open it. It is like my birthday all the time in the store.


I think it is a quilt.


A big quilt.


Wow!!! look at this.  It is made with the same fabric.


Well what do you think?  My mom told me a very nice lady named Lu made it.  And she knows Emily.  Can you believe it:)


I decided if this is a beach quilt I better take my shoes off.


And now I'm busted. Guess who just walked in?  Bonnie, my music therapist.


My mom said, "Oh perfect, you're just in time to model a new apron we received." And look, a cute little dress too. I would have worn that when I was little.  We look like two beach babes wrapped in crabs:) 

The fabric is called Going Coastal and is now available at our store.  The quilt is by Lu For The Love Designs.  The Apron is by the Apron Addict.  The dress is by Jam N'Jelli.

10 comments:

Leah said...

I love that! 2 beach babes wrapped in crabs. Would make a great t-shirt!

Kristin said...

Love that quilt!

kate spain said...

It always looks like you have so much fun in the shop!! You and Bonnie are a perfect pair of beach babes :) Love that quilt and the cute little apron too! hugs, kate

Groves said...

Talk about some cute pictures! And my favorite is the last one - you two Beach Babes wrapped in Crabs. :)

Wishing we were coastal,

Cathy in Missouri

LuLu said...

Hi Ladies!
Sarah you look so cute wrapped in that quilt. I'm glad you love it. Now you just need some sand and sunshine ;-)
Looks like a party all the time in your shop. Have fun!

Jody said...

Great pics and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fabric. I WANT that fabric. I NEED that fabric.....for my beach house in RI....UGH, OH is too far! Perhaps one day! What cute curtains/pillows that would make!

Emily said...

No shoes is the best way to model a beach quilt. Y'all are lookin' good!

Bonnie said...

Love the new fabric Sarah! It was great to enjoy the 'beach' with you for a few minutes too. :)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wow!

Yes, it is like a birthday every time you're in the store.

The Crabs were fantastic.

Lu and Emily: great mates, and a great job.

Bonnie: glad you enjoyed being a beach babe with Sarah!

Theophanie said...

I love your blog! It is so full of sunshine. :)