My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

Sometimes I think my mom is joking. Like today, when she said we were going to put the Christmas tree up. 
.

But guess what?  She wasn't kidding.  She just meant at the store. 


I decided if we really were going to put up a tree we should be listening to Christmas music.  So I put in my favorite holiday cd.


Before you know it, my mom has me holding lights. I think this is so funny.  It is July.


Then she got out the box of ornaments we brought with us.  Look what I found in the box. Pictures of us at Christmas time. I love looking at old photos.

 

Oh man, I should have known when I put in that NSync cd my mom would be singing and dancing.


I was so happy when I found this. It is an angel sitting on a spool of thread. I think it is Kristen and that made me happy.


I am going to put it right here under the tree.  When I turned back around my mom had tears rolling down her face.

 

That made me sad too.  Then she told me she was not sad, just so happy with how this is all coming together.  And she was so thankful for all the people who have helped us get here.  Then we were back to laughing and being just us girls. 
Ok, here is a video of what we were doing to get ready for our big Christmas sale at the store...

8 comments:

Kristen's mom said...

I wish I lived closer! I LOVE Kate Spain's Flurry. I also saw some Christmas fabric by Riley Blake at the Quilt Market, I can't wait to find some of that, I think it will make some really cute pillowcases.

The lights on Kristen's tree burned out and I had no idea where I could find some white lights with a white cord in July, then I went into Hobby Lobby and I couldn't believe it, They had all their Christmas stuff out. I found some lights and some other really cute things for her tree. I'll post a picture when I get if finished.

Do you still like chocolate chip cookies? Every time I see a Subway I think of you.
You and your mom continue to amaze me. Have a great week!

kate spain said...

Looks like you two were having lots of fun getting into the Christmas spirit in your shop! I can't believe how much work you do...everything looks spectacular. I love how dearly you remember your friend Kristen. How wonderful to keep her close to your heart. love, kate

Emily said...

I love Christmas and I LOVE Christmas in July! It's my first day of planning for the holiday season. Yesterday, my children and I listened to our favorite Christmas music, made wish lists and gift lists, and watched ELF. So glad to see you and your mom getting into the holiday spirit too!

Nan said...

Jessie's favorite music is ALWAYS Christmas music. Disney Christmas is a favorite. I am feeling a little sad too. Soon it will be my Dad's birthday and he died in January. I will think of him as an angel on a cupcake (instead of a spool of thread). He loved cupcakes! Merry Christmas!

Karen said...

I love that you're having Christmas in July!

Crazy Beautiful Love said...

What is up with the Christmas is July? It's everywhere right now. My 10mth old is captivated with her older sister who is singing Jingle Bells over and over. Love it! Maybe I'll pull out some ornaments...just because. -erin

Patti said...

Sarah, we LOVE Christmas in July! Your mom and I must be on the same page, because I asked readers to leave a comment saying what their favorite Christmas song is on our giveaway post today:) Your shop looks SO beautiful- tell your mom to come decorate my house for Christmas!! And I wish you could have video taped her singing and dancing:)

Cindy said...

We love Christmas music any time of the year! Beautiful store, I wish we lived closer so we could visit.